So many purples: Fall 08 Purple reference thread

roomommy- Thanks for posting your gorgeous Daydream hobo! How is the leather? Is it up to par with what we've come to expect from Marc Jacobs? I've had my eye on a few purple MJ bags, but some have been a disappointment to the poor quality of the leather. TIA!

^ oh wow, I didn't know that *all* NM stores only accepted AmEx or NM cards. I thought it was just my NM because it's the tiniest one ever! DH has the AmEx card (I refuse to pay for two of them when a lot of places still don't accept them) so I had to get a NM card. It was such a hassle to write a check or go to the ATM every time I wanted to buy something.

ITA Tad - I think they would get a LOT more business if the accepted more methods of payment.

NM online accepts MC or V -- and the NMLC stores also accept MC/V --

roomommy- Thanks for posting your gorgeous Daydream hobo! How is the leather? Is it up to par with what we've come to expect from Marc Jacobs? I've had my eye on a few purple MJ bags, but some have been a disappointment to the poor quality of the leather. TIA!

The leather is gorgeous and what attracted me to the bag, aside from the color. It's high quality--very smooth and soft (but not smooshy), a bit thinner than the soft calf, but not at all like so cool leather. I'm not into textured leather, so I really like the finish on this bag. Unfortunately the back panel of my particular bag is stiffer than the front and a bit veiny-er too, but that variation seems to be a theme this season with many of the different styles.
The stam that I'm sending back does have the very smooth leather all the way around, so not every bag will have the variation I think. HTH!