So many purples: Fall 08 Purple reference thread

So sorry you didn't keep a dark orchid bag, LR! I'm hoping the ones I ordered will come today, then I can make my verdict on the resin chain!
My sister saw the hobo in the boutique, and it does have a resin chain there.
Looks like NM really won out this season with all the exclusives.

Thanks, LR! Have yours arrived yet? I can't wait to hear what you think!

Thank you for the support! I'm glad someone else feels this. For me, it's an uncomfortable feeling (the guilt) and I try to avoid it. I just have to keep telling myself that realistically, there are only so many bags I can use. I should work on disciplining myself to practice "one in, one out", but I just haven't been able to do that - yet! I still have hopes that I'll evolve. :P

i wish i could do the "one in, one out" method too, but i want to amass a badass collection like melly! i've still got a ways to go though before i can even dream of catching up.

^ haha! i think these are going to be the last two for the season. gotta save some money for resort and maybe score something during the holiday sales. i have to start concentrating on buying stuff for the home now, and while i'm at it, maybe get some clothes to go with these bags or i'll look so scrubby people will start to think they're fake!

Thanks, LR! Have yours arrived yet? I can't wait to hear what you think!

So I FINALLY got a FedEx box today . . . BUT only the stam was inside!:sad:
I was really eager to see the hobo with the resin chain, since that's the bag I haven't gotten a good look at yet, and I really wanted to compare the two bags. (I won't post pics until I can shoot both side by side).

So I have to call the Hawaii NM when it opens in a little bit and ask whether it was supposed to be two shipments or not. I hope I don't have to wait another week!!:confused1:
Odd fact--only the Hawaii and Las Vegas NM's take Visa and MC; all the other stores only take NM charge and AmEx--isn't that bizarre for one of the largest luxury retailers??

So I :heart::heart: the dark orchid leather (again).
And I think the resin chain is TACKY--so tacky that I like it!

I think the stam still isn't for me though. I don't know what it is about stams that I can't seem to love, even though I've tried. I think because it seems to scream "I'M A STAM!!!" In general I really like frame bags and I like kisslocks, but for some reason the exaggerated features of both on the stam kind of turn me off (no offense to any of you stam-lovers! BTW I'm just waiting for a grey Bruna so I can trade in my grey goat leather stam--if anyone sees one on sale or wants to trade, please PM me!).

So maybe the daydream bag for me will be the hobo aka shoulder bag with resin chain--IF IT EVER GETS HERE!!!

Another random fact: the NM resin chain hobo costs $100 more than the Nordie's silver link one. $100 extra for plastic, albeit super tacky uber-cool plastic.

^ darn. i wanted to see both side by side too. i'm getting the bright navy daydream shoulder bag shipped to me today. is that the same as the hobo? all these bags are really confusing me. i'll take pics, so you can get an idea of what they'll look like irl. it's a pretty big bag. i was surprised, but very comfortable to carry.

yeah, i knew that about nm. bizarre, huh? i don't get it. i don't own an amex card, so i wouldn't be able to buy anything at nm unless it was online or if i'm planning a trip to hawaii or vegas in the near future. seems like they're limiting their in-store sales not accepting more forms of payment. you'd think they'd change that by now too with the retail market being so terrible. saks just reported a loss of $31.7 million dollars in q2 with projections of further decline in sales leading into the holiday season.

^ darn. i wanted to see both side by side too. i'm getting the bright navy daydream shoulder bag shipped to me today. is that the same as the hobo? all these bags are really confusing me. i'll take pics, so you can get an idea of what they'll look like irl. it's a pretty big bag. i was surprised, but very comfortable to carry.

yeah, i knew that about nm. bizarre, huh? i don't get it. i don't own an amex card, so i wouldn't be able to buy anything at nm unless it was online or if i'm planning a trip to hawaii or vegas in the near future. seems like they're limiting their in-store sales not accepting more forms of payment. you'd think they'd change that by now too with the retail market being so terrible. saks just reported a loss of $31.7 million dollars in q2 with projections of further decline in sales leading into the holiday season.

Nordie's calls it the shoulder bag, and I don't know where "hobo" came from, but I've been calling it that.

I'd love to see the navy color. Does it have a resin chain as well?
So nice to live near a boutique!
The Hawaii NM is not open yet; if there was a mistake and she has to reship, it will take another week probably:sad:. I hope she just ordered the shoulder bag from another store and that's why it wasn't in the same box. But she did say 3-4 business day for both, and it's been 5 already.

Wow, the luxury retailers are really taking a hit. I hate to say this because it's selfish, but does that mean more specials for us?
I noticed Saks did two "Buy some, Get some" two months in a row, which is unusual. Must be the result of the earnings losses.

^ oh wow, I didn't know that *all* NM stores only accepted AmEx or NM cards. I thought it was just my NM because it's the tiniest one ever! DH has the AmEx card (I refuse to pay for two of them when a lot of places still don't accept them) so I had to get a NM card. It was such a hassle to write a check or go to the ATM every time I wanted to buy something.

ITA Tad - I think they would get a LOT more business if the accepted more methods of payment.