So many purples: Fall 08 Purple reference thread

^I didn't realize from the other pics how rich that color is! Thanks for posting.
That mini Quinn on Zappos is still haunting me! Gotta be strong and think about the daydreams in the mail.:angel:

i would like to know if it's the same color purple between the cecilia and the baby stam?

attachment.php

^I didn't realize from the other pics how rich that color is! Thanks for posting.
That mini Quinn on Zappos is still haunting me! Gotta be strong and think about the daydreams in the mail.:angel:

oooh roomommy, i just got the mini quinn in elderberry from zappos..I'll post a pic for you, it is TDF!! A great deep purpley color!!:tup::tup:

I would love it if you could confirm for me one way or the other, because no, I'm not sure! I did speak to someone in NYC about it, and while he was on the phone with me, I showed him the pic on the luisaviaroma site. I also told him N-M has it already, so I thought the boutique surely would have it, too. After seeing the photo, he looked in their book and said that they aren't getting it. I was surprised by that information, and have continued to wonder if he is correct.

If it is carried by the boutiques too, then at least I have the option of exchanging the beige python for it. Of course, it all depends on whether I can figure out the chain issue, too.

Thanks, tadpole! :heart:

i just got back from the boutique. jackie (aka tuffcookie) and i went down there, so i can return some bags. unfortunately, the alyona was one of them. i decided to keep my stam because the color was more saturated and red whereas the alyona was lighter, almost a pinkish red, and looked washed out. gabby couldn't find a darker one for me. :sad:

anyway, i asked her about the daydream stams and whether or not the boutique will be getting them since they're already at neiman marcus. she said that she was expecting them. i wonder why they're not there yet. :confused1: so there's still a chance that you may be able to exchange your beige python for the dark orchid daydream!

i saw the daydream shoulder bag in bright navy. omg, it was tdf! it's actually a true navy blue and the contrast color was grey. so beautiful. i wasn't considering this bag before, but it may be my next target since i can't afford the ostrich sunburst stam.

i just got back from the boutique. jackie (aka tuffcookie) and i went down there, so i can return some bags. unfortunately, the alyona was one of them. i decided to keep my stam because the color was more saturated and red whereas the alyona was lighter, almost a pinkish red, and looked washed out. gabby couldn't find a darker one for me. :sad:

anyway, i asked her about the daydream stams and whether or not the boutique will be getting them since they're already at neiman marcus. she said that she was expecting them. i wonder why they're not there yet. :confused1: so there's still a chance that you may be able to exchange your beige python for the dark orchid daydream!

i saw the daydream shoulder bag in bright navy. omg, it was tdf! it's actually a true navy blue and the contrast color was grey. so beautiful. i wasn't considering this bag before, but it may be my next target since i can't afford the ostrich sunburst stam.

Thanks so much for the great info, Tadpole! Woo hoo on the boutiques getting the daydream stam! I hope Gabby is right.

I returned the hobo to Saks today, and the stam is going back to N-M, too. :sad: I'm sorry to see them go, especially the stam. But the hobo just wasn't right for me, and the resin chain on the stam wasn't "me", either, and I didn't find a way to replace it with a silvertone chain. To be honest, another factor in my decision to return both was my guilt over potentially buying two brand new bags (the python stam & the daydream stam). I can afford to do it, but I know from past experience that too many of anything (handbags, perfume, shoes, etc.) stresses me out and increases my guilt factor too much for me to be comfortable. IF the boutiques get the daydream stam, then I might reconsider it - but only in place of the python stam. I just have to get some self-discipline back!

The navy/grey daydream sounds so pretty! And I love your fuchsia stam, so even though I know it was a bit of a disappointment with the alyona, I can see why you made that choice.

Oh - btw, the SA at N-M told me the resin chains are exclusive to N-M. I don't know whether that's true, but if it is, maybe the daydreams coming to the boutiques will have silvertone chains?

^ aww, you sound so sad. it must've been tough to pack up those beauties then send them away. perhaps you'll end up getting your dark orchid daydream stam after all when they arrive at the mj store. i saw the chain irl for the first time on sunday, and i ended up loving it. i really like the "clanky" sound that they make. yes, i'm fully aware that i'm nuts. :lol:

^ aww, you sound so sad. it must've been tough to pack up those beauties then send them away. perhaps you'll end up getting your dark orchid daydream stam after all when they arrive at the mj store. i saw the chain irl for the first time on sunday, and i ended up loving it. i really like the "clanky" sound that they make. yes, i'm fully aware that i'm nuts. :lol:

It was kind of sad, but also, I felt pretty good about my decision, too. Like I was being a well-behaved, responsible shopper - for once!

I've seen resin in other things this year (belts, etc.) so I know it's very trendy right now. I'm not sure if I'd like it better if I were your age instead of mine, though, because I've always tended toward the classic, "safer" choices in clothing & accessories.

So ... are you going to get something with a resin chain? :yes:

^ i'm eyeing that bright navy daydream hobo. the resin chain is the same color as the studs on my charcoal cubie. i've already gotten two bags from the fall 08 line, so i might just stop there and maybe look into the clothes and shoes. there were some adorable flats and a gorgeous sweater. however, the shoes and clothes do go on sale at the end of the season whereas the bags rarely if ever do. if i get one more fall bag, it'll be the daydream hobo.

^ i'm eyeing that bright navy daydream hobo. the resin chain is the same color as the studs on my charcoal cubie. i've already gotten two bags from the fall 08 line, so i might just stop there and maybe look into the clothes and shoes. there were some adorable flats and a gorgeous sweater. however, the shoes and clothes do go on sale at the end of the season whereas the bags rarely if ever do. if i get one more fall bag, it'll be the daydream hobo.

Duh! I should have thought of that. GREAT choice! I wish I felt like the hobo worked for me, because that would have been a great way to get the dark orchid color into my life. I even like the bigger link chain on it (the one from Saks) but the bag is too small without the corners extended, and with the corners extended, it just looked weirdly shaped to me.

I should look at MJ flats, since that's all I wear (except for the rare occasions when I'm forced to dress up) - but I'm guessing they don't come in size 11! Big foot, here. :P

So sorry you didn't keep a dark orchid bag, LR! I'm hoping the ones I ordered will come today, then I can make my verdict on the resin chain!
My sister saw the hobo in the boutique, and it does have a resin chain there.
Looks like NM really won out this season with all the exclusives.

I'm really curious about the daydream navy color.
Any pics coming soon, tad?:graucho:

I returned the hobo to Saks today, and the stam is going back to N-M, too. :sad: I'm sorry to see them go, especially the stam.

.... I know from past experience that too many of anything (handbags, perfume, shoes, etc.) stresses me out and increases my guilt factor too much for me to be comfortable. IF the boutiques get the daydream stam, then I might reconsider it - but only in place of the python stam. I just have to get some self-discipline back!

Made me laugh, Goldenflower, because the guilt factor plays in my head, too. :shrugs: Hang tough, sistah!

Made me laugh, Goldenflower, because the guilt factor plays in my head, too. :shrugs: Hang tough, sistah!

Thank you for the support! I'm glad someone else feels this. For me, it's an uncomfortable feeling (the guilt) and I try to avoid it. I just have to keep telling myself that realistically, there are only so many bags I can use. I should work on disciplining myself to practice "one in, one out", but I just haven't been able to do that - yet! I still have hopes that I'll evolve. :P