So many leathers...Help!

Reebeekins

Oct 9, 2013
Dorset, UK
Hi all,

I am looking at investing in a Mulberry bag but there are so many leathers it is mind boggling!

Anyone have any tips on which leather wears best? I am looking to invest in an everyday bag so the leather needs to stand up to daily wear and tear. I love the look of shrunken calf but not sure if Buffalo leather is tougher?

Any advice will be very greatly appreciated! And of course if anyone has any advice on which style of bag would be best for a daily bag I'd be grateful too. I kind of love the Alexa atm but I am open to suggestion.

talli8cakes

May 28, 2012
The shrunken leather will be great for every day, it's thicker feeling too but I've found the slouch of the natural leather looks lovely and ages brilliantly. My day bags consist of a Bays, Tillie and Lily and all of the leathers have aged brilliantly without scratches etc. good luck finding yours.

s_kat

Apr 14, 2013
UK
If you like Alexas, the polished buffalo leather is hard wearing and keeps its structure well - but opinion seems divided on here about the way it looks.

I'd say choose a style and colour(s) first, then look at the new/ pre-loved leather options - otherwise there is just way too much choice!