So Mad At Macys

hslowe

Nov 24, 2008
so I put a hold on a heritage stripe tote brass/light kha/pink drove an hour in the rain with 3 kids 1, 3, and 6 and when i got there the lady had sold it. I'm so mad I talked to the manager and he offeres me a discount on anthor bag but i really wanted that one i already have the swing pack and wallet :confused1:

I asked them to order it but even macys.com was sold out I called there 1800 # and they are even sold out. It being Valentines day does not help much. but just got off the phone with coach and they have them so hubby told my to order it for my valentines gift. I'm so done with macys.

Wow Sorry to hear that I know how it is to drag the kids out in the rain no less and for nothin I would have sued for pain and suffering lol JK but I am glad that it ended up working out for you anyway. Can't wait to see your reveal

wow i would be majorly PO'd. there's no sense in that. why offer a hold if you won't stick to it? makes no sense. our macy's has never been worth a damn so i guess i can't relate...but i would chew someone's ass for that. i'm sorry you missed it there. i'd make him give me a deep discount on something else i wanted. there's always a cute wristlet out there somewhere...;)

So sorry that that happened. When something's put on hold and they sell it on the same day....that's just not sitting well with me. I hope you still find the bag you want later on!

Hslowe, so sorry that happened to you. I'm fed up with Macy's too. That's just poor customer service. If they put it on hold for you, they should have honored the hold. What a PITA to drive all that way, in the rain, with 3 little kids! Well, at least you have a wonderful and understanding hubby who let you order one from Jax.

so I put a hold on a heritage stripe tote brass/light kha/pink drove an hour in the rain with 3 kids 1, 3, and 6 and when i got there the lady had sold it. I'm so mad I talked to the manager and he offeres me a discount on anthor bag but i really wanted that one i already have the swing pack and wallet :confused1:

I'm so sorry this happened to you. I bet they have the same hold policy as Dillard's. They can hold it for I believe 24 hours, but if you don't get there before that's the only bag left in that style, they can no longer hold it. I'm disappointed they didn't explain that before you made the trip with 3 little ones. The very least they should have done is called you before canceling the hold to see if you wanted to charge hold it.

:tdown: Macys!!!!!!!! That really sucks. I'm sorry that you had to go through that. Did you leave with anything? Did they give you some kind of certificate/discount for a future purchase?

WOW!! what a jerk thing to do! I really hope she got in trouble with her manager and I hope they gave you a discount voucher! I'd be making a formal complaint to corporate if that happened to me and I had 3 kiddos. So inconvenient.