So Kelly and new H replacement strap

1gunro

O.G.
Oct 15, 2008
Hello my friends!
I have lately been interested in maybe buying a preloved So Kelly. I like the bag, but would probably want to wear it crossbody. Has anyone tried using one of the replacement straps on it to make it crossbody? Do you find it comfortable? Care to post a picture?!!
I'd also like to know any pros/cons to the bag from those of you who have one! I have read through the ode, but other than that, I haven't found too much info.
Thanks so much everyone! :smile:

I wear mine crossbody with an adjustable-length replacement strap (not H, but very similar to an Evelyne strap) and find that it is quite comfortable. I particularly enjoy using the bag this way when I travel. No issues for me with the turn lock hardware when worn crossbody or with the original strap.

As for pros/cons, I find it to be a good every-day size (mine is a 22). Not too big, but not too small either. The open top doesn't bother me as it cinches fairly tight when buckled up, but it might be concerning to those who really have be on the lookout for pickpockets. When worn with the original strap it tucks up under my arm quite nicely, which allows me to hold it close if needed. I like that the interior has both a slip pocket and a zip pocket.

I also like that it is a somewhat under the radar bag, though I often get compliments on it from those who don't appear to know that it is H, but appreciate the quality and style.

Hope that helps!

Thank you @TahoeBlue! The way you use yours is exactly how I was thinking of carrying it, so thank you for your response! I do like that the bag has 2 inside pockets as well, 1 for phone, and 1 for receipts/train tkts, or whatever. One of the reasons I’m curious about the style.
And since you can find it in Togo, I’m assuming that it’s also lighter than an Evelyne. And less weight is more haha!

I bought a Menthe So Kelly 22 this winter, and due to darkness (Scandinavia, hello) and corona, I am only now beginning to use it. Therefore, not a lot of experience, but for what it’s worth: I love it!

I can fit my surface laptop inside with the top open, my wallet and phone goes in the zippered compartment, sunglasses and other bits and bits in the other pocket. For once, actually useful pockets, easy to access and deep enough that they can hold something.

It sits nicely under my arm and feels chic and non-flashy, yet still the amazing quality of Hermès. The strap feels good on my shoulder, doesn’t even slide as so many so-called shoulder bags do.

If I still have my job after the corona crises I may get another....