So Katie Masters sent out the following contract to her bridesmaids . . . .

caitlin1214

tPF Bish
O.G.
Jul 7, 2006
Hello my beautiful bridesmaids! Let me just say again how happy I am that you are going to be a part of my special day! Below are just a few guidelines for the wedding that I’d like you to review, please initial by each point, sign at the end and send back to me. Just want to make sure they’re aren’t any surprises! The planning bride is a happy bride!
Thanks a bunch! Love ya!
-[Signature]
______ My hair will remain at the length it is now or longer.
______ I will not change my hair color without first consulting Katie and providing a sample photo or hair swatch for consideration.
______ I will use Sally Hansen’s “Maximum Growth-Daily Nail Growth program” every day for the 4 months before the wedding day.
______ I will not gain more than 4lbs from the weight I was when I was asked to be a bridesmaid.
______ I swear to attend all showers, (lingerie, bridal & bachelorette) to arrive in a timely manner and do everything in my power to support and “be there” for the bride.
______ I will purchase the David’s Bridal style # 81123 dress below in Latte/Champagne within 3 weeks of today.
______ I will NOT knowingly get pregnant without notifying Katie at least 4 months prior to the wedding so a suitable alternate can be found. I will also give my purchased bridesmaid dress to said alternate.
I do hereby swear that I will adhere to all of the above & other understood bridesmaid duties for the wedding on September 21, 2007
X_________________________
(sign, print and date)

Before Katie could tell the ladies she was joking, one bridesmaid showed it to her husband. He put it out all over the web, and Katie's inbox was flooded with people giving their input.

There's an article in this week's People Magazine.

There's an article about her in People Magazine. Katie Masters is the name of a bride who sent out the above contract to her bridesmaids as a joke.

Obviously, people did not get it. The contract was put online and lots of other people read it and responded to it, thinking she was the biggest Bridezilla on the face of the earth.

She was joking, and the bridesmaids eventually got it.

Brides if you decide to tell a joke like that, there's a difference between saying (or typing) "Haha!Maybe I should have you ladies sign a bridesmaids contract! Haha!" and sending out something that elaborately detailed in an e-mail. You can't tell someone's tone in an e-mail, so it can be easily misconstrued.