So, it Fianally happended to me!

candcpeck

Sep 8, 2009
So I am sitting here browsing everyone's post. My GF who is staying with me for a couple of days is sitting across the table doing some work from home. She asked me what I was doing and I told her ~to which she remarked "YOU belong to a purse forum". I said yup! and kept on reading.

~Let me just say that this friend has Coach bags, shops at the outlets and has bragged to me a number of times about all the bags she has~

So then I show her the Madison Carryall and tell her that I will be getting one. AND she says, "that kinda looks like my Hermes Bag". I said, "I had no idea you had a Hermes bag" and she shrugs and says, well I do.

Well, I couldn't help it. I knew there was no way. So, I asked " Where did you get a Hermes bag around here?" AND SHE SAID ~"MY PURSE LADY!!!!!! "

I about fainted. Then she tried to explain to me that her bags were real, they were just illegally imported "they have the Coach serial numbers and all". I just kept on reading the forum post......I honestly didn't know what to say. So, then she tells me, I don't know why you would pay the prices you do anyway~the bags are the same. That was when I handed her my Felicia bag and said really? Ug, I am sorry, she is my friend. But, I really wanted to scream at her.~ So there, it has finally happened to me :wtf:

Ugg, I applaud you for keeping your cool. I'd have totally ranted about fakes vs. authentic bags up on my soap box, hehe.

Some people just don't get the authentic bag thing, and I'll never get them:P

oh boy..
i'm not sure about u, but if it was me, i might burst out laughing!
bwahahahhaa..
of all these years..
so now we know..
well, each is to their own, i supposed.. :biggrin:

^ well first off my love I must set the record straight. She is not my BF, cause BF knows I am not about to go FOACH :smile: But, I just had to add that this GF ( about 20 minutes ago) picked up my Felicia and proceeded to tell me that she has the same bag. Yup, the LEGACY HAMPTONS SHOULER....oh really?!?

Maybe she's just jealous about your collection... she can't just be happy for you, so she always has to make a comment about how she has the same exact bag... just my opinion. But I'm glad you stood up for yourself!

Theres Nothing like the REAL thing... If these Foach buyers would put their money towards a Real Coach bag, they'd see why we rant and Love our bags and Accessories.... It's their loss and they need to becareful, it is Illegal to purchase fakes...But we here @ TPF don't have to worry about that:smile:

But in her defense she thinks her bag is real and that she got a bargain. We all know the truth but she is thinking why pay full price when you can get it for 75 percent off :smile: Poor thing.

I feel for you -- buying fake merch is one thing that I will call people on -- just gave my "please don't buy fakes and this is why...." speech to someone the other day - glad you at least attempted to set her straight!

I used to be one of these women.

**ducks under a table**

In my defense..I was 18, in college and thought nothing about the long term consequences of buying a $35 Foach. I wasn't educated on the child labor, and illegal activities of it. I simply thought "Dude, I can get a Coach bag for $35".

I have a friend that actually owns two Coach bags and STILL will go to Canal Street and buy fakes. What?????? **Collective gasps**

I agree that what I dont understand for the life of me is this...

Honestly, for not much more than going to Canal Street and buying two or three $35 Foach's..one can go to an outlet and get a....COACH!

I was at the outlet just the other day and saw deals I was stunned to see. I saw bags for (and I swear Im not kidding) $129 with an additional 20% off...If you had a 20% coupon after that, its $81. $81!!!!!! That's little more than two fake Coaches!!!!

I know that there are folks out there that can't afford the real thing for whatever reason and that is what is. I don't actually get mad when I see someone carrying a Foach, I feel bad for them~they don't know what they are missing. My biggest complaint is with my friend who thinks she is all that and a bag of chips. I am sure even the bag her chips are in is fake!