So...is it Mad-el-linn or Mad-el-ine?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Is it just me or do some stores pronounce it one way while other stores pronounce it another? I know the second option is how they spell it but I call it Mad-el-lyn.

2. I pronounce it like you.

3. this is too funny because my dh and I were having the debate on the Leigh today.. is it prounounced Lee or Lay?!? :shrugs: :roflmfao:

4. Haha, I would say madelinn (short i sound) and lay for leigh lol; never really thought about it though!

5. i say madelynn and lee. :smile:

6. Ditto!

7. Mad-el-inn and lee is how I pronounce them.

8. mad-uh-linn...lee...

(leigh is my middle name, and i've always ever heard it as being "lee"...so that's why i pick that!)

i look like such a goober right now, i'm sitting here saying out loud, "mad-AH-lin? mad-ah-line?" and then trying to imagine out loud how i would use it in a sentence. thank good my hubby isn't home, i wouldn't hear the end of it!

9. Mad-el-in and Lee here! :smile:

10. same here. I have friends who have those names, so that is how i pronounce it.

11. same for me too

12. Yikes, I always thought Leigh was pronounced 'lay'!

I pronounce it Mad-a-linn - no idea if that is correct though, considering my track record. ;)

Linda

13. I say "lay" and "mad-uh-line" (like the character from the books!)

14. well i say "lee" and "ma-da-line" but maybe it's "mad-a- lynn" i guess it depends on which way you spell it?

15. Me too!