So irritated trying to use my Coach credit

pat222

O.G.
Feb 14, 2006
I was at the outlet yesterday, which is an 8 hour trip for us. I have a merchandise credit for $400 (from a return for which I had a receipt). When I did my return a few months ago, I just had it put on a gift card since that way I knew I would use it for Coach and I had already paid for the bag I was returning.

So I purchase a bag at the outlet and the credit works fine. I had the outlet do a charge send for me for a bag I had on hold at another outlet. The SA said I couldn't use the credit since they have to imprint my card and fax the charge send to the other outlet.

I talked to 2 managers who would not budge. The only way to get the charge send bag was to pay for it (leaving my credit worthless).

I am so mad I can't see straight and the manager(s) had this crappy don't give a crap attitude.

I think it's really poor service. I had a gift card (i.e. CASH) and couldn't use it. The back of the card says GOOD AT ALL COACH STORES. It does NOT say you can't use it in this way.

Has anyone had a similar experience? I'm tempted to wait until the charge send arrives and then copy all my transaction receipts and write to Coach.

Grrr...

I haven't had that happen but I don't live near a Coach store and they won't take them over the phone.. BUT you can pay with your credit card, then when you get it take it in and return and rebuy it.. they actually suggest this.. or they told me I could send my gift card in, but I wouldn't dare do that. Sorry for your frustration, what a bummer! :tdown:

That is ridiculous i did two charge sends at the outlets with merchandise credit. They were successful transactions. All they did was write down my merch. credit number and have it charged over the phone with the other outlet so i can get my card back since i have some credit left in it. It was easy transactions.

How frustrating. I would've called JAX or somewhere higher up, because as TnC stated it can be done...probably the managers didn't want to mess around with it and hoped you would use it within their store. :thinking:

Ohhhhhhhhhhh no! I would not have left the store! LOL! They would have been putting the crazy lady alert out! lOL! I would have MOST definately bought and returned...but call Coach directly...maybe they can help you out....:biguns:

I could understand if your merch. credit was a piece of paper like a receipt, but not with a physical card. Maybe it depends on what region you are in, just like how some regions will do charge sends from outlets and other regions won't.:shrugs:

i would definatly call and complain, tell them that you think thier company sucks, and you will seriously be rethinking buying from them in the future. they will probably send you a coupon for 25% off no exclusion apply and they dont expire for a while.