So I'm curious??

BaileyBunyard22

ObsessedwithLV
May 14, 2012
I'm sure there have been many topics on this but not one direct that I can find. Is it okay to let your bags store out of the DUSTBAG even wen the air conditioner is running in my apt. Just wasn't sure if the cold air could harm them.

Also, I am starting a "reciept" book/binder to store and organize all of my purchases. Does anyone else have a special way or organization technique to keep all your reciepts and tags together??

Nico_79

Jan 10, 2013
I'm sure there have been many topics on this but not one direct that I can find. Is it okay to let your bags store out of the DUSTBAG even wen the air conditioner is running in my apt. Just wasn't sure if the cold air could harm them.

Also, I am starting a "reciept" book/binder to store and organize all of my purchases. Does anyone else have a special way or organization technique to keep all your reciepts and tags together??
I think you should be fine to keep them out of their dustbags as long as it's not a lengthy period of time, otherwise dust would accumulate on them. ;) Personally I keep mine in their dustbags because I have kitties and their fur gets on EVERYTHING!

As for receipts, I've been lazy so they are sitting in a drawer waiting to be scanned electronically and uploaded to my hard drive. Sometimes I'm lucky that LV will email the receipt to me, but there have been some that have not. It's nice to have this around for insurance purposes in case anything happens.

axcarter

LV LaLa Land
Aug 9, 2012
My organization consists of leaving all the tags/receipts in one of the LV boxes. Lol my lil safe.
I take my bags out from time to time to air them out when I haven't used it in a month or so just to give them some breathing time and not smell like closet.

TooManyWantMore

LV Content
Dec 11, 2012
I think they would be fine outside of the dustbag. I've only heard that it's not good to keep them stored inside the box because the leather will dry out. My bags are stored in the dustbag and on the top shelf of my closet. I keep all my receipts and sleeves together in my top drawer of my nightstand with a rubber band around them. I really should move them though because my 2 year old is quite the explorer, lol.

LValicious

Aug 28, 2013
I love to see my LV bags and I only have two bags. Speedy B & NF so I put them on top of my dresser & when not in use I place a lightweight scarf over the top to keep the dust off and out of them. A downside to this is I get so used to seeing them as "decoration" I sometimes forget to use them!

My slg's are stored in the dust bags in a top open drawer organizer. (hard to describe but it has air circulation)

Now as far as the receipts, I have them in an LV box and that is not a good system. So I have to work on that!

FacundaRhose

Aug 6, 2012
My organization consists of leaving all the tags/receipts in one of the LV boxes. Lol my lil safe.
I take my bags out from time to time to air them out when I haven't used it in a month or so just to give them some breathing time and not smell like closet.

me too! they're compiled in the box my speedy (folded) came in. cause it's the least bulky box I have.

FacundaRhose

Aug 6, 2012
I tried doing this, cause it's easier to switch bags.
but I decided against it cause i felt like I'm opening my bags to any unintentional "harm" like rubbing against a wall, scratching each other, risks of scuffs and marks (especially the vernis)

thereovl

Dec 16, 2012
Unless you live outdoors, in the middle of a sand storm, don't worry about the freak'n dust bags. You do not have to hide your pretty bags in those hideous things!

Seriously, if you can afford Louis Vuitton, you can afford to keep your house clean, and not worry about destroying your bags by exposing them to your environment.

Side note: I've seen a video on YouTube of a Louis fan who has an atrocious shelving system/rack, lined with what one can only guess are pretty bags that are hidden under yellow potato sacks labeled "Louis Vuitton". It's no wonder she keeps buying more of bags: she can't see, and consequently, appreciate what she already has...

paradise_valley

Laissez-faire Mom
O.G.
Jul 21, 2008
With bags from the boutique, I just leave the store receipt in the little brown folder lying flat on the bottom of the purse (I know this doesn't help for insurance purposes.....). Just like I recently updated my mattresses, I slipped the receipt in its folder between the mattress and boxspring.