So, I was just thinking........

After scoring my one and only dream grail bag, I'd find myself continuing to collect Hermes bags. It's so much more fun to have different ones to wear regularly - the variety is exhilarating! All the different styles, the differing craftsmanship on each style....too much fun to have just one or two, imo (but that's for me - ymmv).

I say you should do it if you think that will be it for you.(But if you're like me, it would only be "it" for 6 months, a year tops.) :smile:

But you'd have to be sure that would be IT for you. And that you wouldn't regret selling off your hard won collection for just one.

Wow Haute its even more than I thought.

I still think you should buy the croc before you get rid of the others to see if it will really be all you need

UMM..Shopmom...Remember, I am Italian too and coming from one of your sisters...LOL

I WOULD DO IT!!!

I have always said, if I could get that one dream bag...all my bags would be gone!

On the inventory update thread it seems like maybe croc isn't has hard to find as a specific leather combo, maybe they stay on the shelves a little longer.

OMG D -- I had to look at the date of your post because I was SURE we've been here before lol!!! I don't think you can be happy with one or 2 grail bags -- really I don't -- not while dd is a teen anyway lol!!! And you already have a croc so I'm not sure where you're going!!!

I personally wouldnt. After you have had your matt croc (in whatever color it was), you would want another in a different color... so the cycle would start again.

The thing with hermes at least for me is that the thrill from thinking about and acquiring the latest bag is so strong that after you get your "last" bag, you end up lusting for another again....

I suggest that you get the Matt croc (without selling the rest of your classic collection), which may or may not tip you towards a situation of 'excess" and you would eventually stop buying. I find myself in that state now.

OMG D -- I don't think you can be happy with one or 2 grail bags -- really I don't -- not while dd is a teen anyway lol!!! And you already have a croc so I'm not sure where you're going!!!

I'm going to hell in a handbasket, SHOES! That's where I'm headed.....I just know it.

HOORAY HermesGroupie. Anytime you want to chime in and tell us our dream is a little more obtainable :smile:
Good luck with your decision. I'll tell you I'm going on vacation in a couple days and I'm going to be hitting Copenhagen and Stockholm and I called my credit card company earlier to increase my limit just in case I can run accross the matte croc.

I have always loved Birkins in Matte Croc, especially the Havanne, and Elle's is TDF. If you think you could use this baby day in and day out and forego the ones you have now (which I would be hard pressed to do since each of your babies are gorgeous and are different from each other), then maybe I'd consider it. Maybe just keep one or two, sell the rest, and set up a little fund for your croc for now so that when it appears, you will be ready?

Thing is I would have to give up some bags that I just ADORE! That I feel fortunate to actually own. That make me feel really wonderful when I carry them. So, this is a non-issue for me. That and well.....I live in a place where carrying a matte croc bag while shopping at Target would really stand out...