So I was at a horse show today and there was an Hermes booth there...CRAZY STORY!

kristie

"H" is for horses?
O.G.
Oct 10, 2006
I was at a top rated horse show today in Menlo Park, CA.....I was walking around after most classes were done for the day and GASP!!!! There was a living breathing H booth in the vendor area! Saddles, bridles, halters, scarves, bracelets, riding clothes GALORE! ANNNDDDDDDDDD.......BAGS!

There was a couple of JPG Birkins, a couple of Kelly's I think, Garden Party, hmmmmmmwhat else....oh yeah, a couple of BIRKINS in size 30!!!!

The kicker is that while I was drooling over the JPG a no more than 16 or 17 year old girl and her dad asked if there were any Birkins.

The SA said they had one she would love in a camel color (IDK on the exact color, it was not gold tho) in gold HW. She handed it over to the teenager and the girl proceeded to model it around and hem and haw on if she loved the color.

Her DAD that was with her told her to hurry up and just decide if she liked the color. Then she said she guessed she could deal with the color even though it was not her favorite and her daddy bought it for her!!

OMG, will he adopt me?????? That is INSANE! A Birkin for a teenager???

Sorry, my mind is just still in shock.......and jealous :nuts:

In horses......people sometimes have INSANE amounts of money.......this was just the most absolutely shocking display of it I have ever personally witnessed!

Last edited:
Whoa, I went to all the wrong horse shows growing up! That's crazy that they had bags there, but then again, maybe not so crazy if you think about it. They'd better be careful, there might be a stampede of tpf'ers running to that booth tomorrow (I'd certainly be there if I could jump on a plane right now!).

wow!! never knew there would be H booth at horse shows....... i really would love to see that IRL!! hahah~

oh, yes, I can picture the booth being stampeded tomorrow.....:roflmfao:

They had the JPG and Garden party and a black Birkin just "out" on display for anyone to just come and pick up yesterday! However, when I went to pick one up, the the JPG was tied discreetly to the chair with a simple H ribbon :graucho:

The black Birkin that was there yesterday was gone today and now apparently the camel one has found a new home in the hands of a high schooler (I am not bitter tho:hysteric:) That one was taken out of a Hermes tack trunk! Must be the secret stash.........ladies.....ask to see what is in the trunks!!

They had a jump in the Grand Prix ring that was sponsored by H so it was all painted up and logoed and everything.......very cool.

I think the booth is being run by the San Francisco H store if I remember eavesdropping correctly!

I think one very spoiled girl will grow into a spoiled woman.
I too was in a Chanel store when a girl she could not have been more than 14yrs was looking at all these bags picked one and her father bought it for her no problems just which do you want crazy, i feel that getting things like that they dont apreciate what they have

Wow, any horse shows that I ever attended, I was more concerned looking down to make sure I didn't step in anything....

Perhaps that is a good thing because had I seen that young girl get a Birkin like that...well who knows what I would have said! Maybe I would have just turned :sick: with envy! Wait a second, I'm already jealous! :mad: And I wasn't even there!

Well, I hope she appreciates her bag.

Not that I'm being envious here, but I don't know if a 17 or 18-year old girl would appreciate a Birkin as much as, say, an adult saving for it with her hard-earned money.

Just my thoughts.

Not that I'm being envious here, but I don't know if a 17 or 18-year old girl would appreciate a Birkin as much as, say, an adult saving for it with her hard-earned money.

Just my thoughts.

Very wise Allan! You said it far better than I. I hope she appreciates it, maybe in time. Although I have my doubts...

OMG! A H-booth in Menlo Park!!!! Where was I ?!!??!?!?! :hysteric:
I don't know what I am more in hysterics about! Having a H-booth soooooooooooo so nearby (compared to SF) or the spoilt teenager!