So I took my Sac Louis out for the first time today...

It's such a shame that you had to experience this rudeness.They shouldn't have even confronted you with that, but I'm sure glad you whipped out your receipts and showed them a thing or two. Good for you for fighting back in a very classy way.

sounds like the SA needs a little more training on breaking these sort of things to customers they were pretty tactless, you have to forgive them for not knowing the bag as most SA's aren't allowed to see it and even more so in the branches that won't get it.

I'm curious do you always carry your receipts?

I know.. it wasn't their fault...had I not just come right out and say "Oh you think this is fake?" it probably would have ended right there, BUT... she could have kept the "authentic bag" comments to herself too, but I was cool with it. Now...if I didn't have my receipt and date code... I would have went on full defensive mode..and that wouldn't have been pretty!

Label Addict - No.. not with all bags, but a few bags (LV), I have. This is the first LV I've done that with...

oh...and since most SA's don't know about the bag.. Im NOT going in any small LV stores again with that bag.

Last edited:
Did they at least apologize after they saw the receipt? Also, I am curious if you purchased anything from them after being treated that way?

yes they did. I did purchase a scarf...which is why I stopped in there, I didn't want to leave without my scarf!

Hmm..now that I think about it.. I wonder if the mall computer system is hooked up to the stand alone store's computer system. If so, they would see my history. I know when I buy things over the phone from out of state stores, they are ALL very friendly..and I've always thought it was because they can see my history.

i can understand that not many stores know about the bag, but that was pretty tactless on their part. i would be completely miffed if an SA kept insisting my bag was fake. don't they usually leave people alone about that, even if their bag is fake?

good for you though!

My goodness, Photomama24, I'm sorry that you had to defend your Louis bag to Louis Vuitton's own employees. :sad:

As we all know that so many SAs at Louis Vuitton especially the part-timers are not very knowledgeable about their LV products. Now, with the fact that the Louis bag is kind of a secret bag that even LV corporate does not want to advertise or inform their own employees about it. So it's not surprising that many, if not most, of them don't know that it exists. However, it's very rude of the SA and her manager to make comments to you like that. :tdown:

I wonder that other than people from the forum and a few SAs at some LV stores, who else would know that this bag is super special and is made by Louis Vuitton. :shrugs:

My point is I wonder how many years will it take for the Louis bag to become iconic and recognizable like the Hermes Birkin which I believe is what Louis Vuitton is trying to achieve.

I guess only time will tell. ;)

That was so rude of the SA! Even if you were carrying a fake bag, she should still not have said anything unless you were asking for her opinion on something. I dont know who the SA's think they are sometimes, they are the ones WORKING there and should treat every customer with respect. Its called good customer service!

Wow. You handled it much better than I would have. :flowers:
For the SA to even imply that your bag was fake is not really acceptable. Her job is to sell you the scarves that you wanted and send you on your way. That crosses the line, as far as I am concerned. I would probably write a letter to corporate. For them to not know about the bag is not their fault. For them to comment on, or publicly "shame" the customer is their fault.
Maybe today was their lucky day, and they got to learn an important lesson on judging others without too much pain on their part. They were lucky to get you and not someone who would go ballistic. :smash: