So I ordered a bronze stam

1. I don't know how it happened:shame:. I was just calling to ask about the fall bags and they had a bronze in stock and the next thing you know I'm whipping out my credit card and buying:unsure:. Now I have serious buyer's remorse. I NEVER buy bags I haven't seen b/c I am so anal-I have to see feel touch and try on to confirm my love. AND I'll only get store credit AARRRGGGHHHHH!!!! What was I thinking??? I hope I really love it.

2. LMAO--that's MY story! That's exactly how my purchase went down. If it helps, the bag really is a site to behold. It's just so dang pretty and the color is so interesting. I haven't carried mine yet, but when I do I think it will actually turn heads like crazy. Someone described it as "vintage glam" and that's a perfect description. I adore the bag but am having trouble deciding if it fits into my everyday reality.

This is the last time I purchase from a boutique with an exchange-only policy! :shame:

3. I bet you will love it JJ! I purchased my putty over the phone via Neiman's, and I hadn't seen one in person yet. When I finally went to pick it up, it was gorgeous! No buyer's remorse for me. I so agree with the people who say it's vintage glam. It's really a beautiful bag. Enjoy!

4. Thanks Ladies- I hope I love it. I'm not sure it will be a versatile bag in that color? That is my dilema-There is no way I'm spending 1200 dollars on a "going out" bag. I want to be able to take it to the office and out to dinner and to a show etc. etc, etc, :worried: Oh well-it will arrive tomorrow and then we'll see. I may fall in love:love::love:.

5. Daisy-I saw your pics and at first I thought i'm not sure, but the more I saw it the more I liked it. The next thing you know-I'm waiting for the FEd Ex man:shame: Just love stams:love::love::love:. I really like the vintage glam cocnept. In the worst case scenario I'll sell it. My sis-in-law has a BEAUTIFUL white stam from NM (she posted pics of it on PF) and I was going to buy that from her:sad2:.

6. I saw the bronze Stam at MJ a couple of days ago and absolutely loved it! It is a great seasonless neutral that will go with so many things. It's one of my favorite of all the Stam colors. It's a beautiful bag--congrats!

7. JJ'S MAMA, any word yet? What do you think?

I have decided to keep mine. There's just no way I can let it go. :love:

8. I think the bronze stam will be just beautiful, I don't think you will be disappointed either. Marc makes nice handbags and honestly, the leather is soft, buttery and very glam. I honestly don't mind paying for his handbags. Just think you can start wearing the bronze now and into the fall/winter too!;)

9. Daisy-You have no idea what I've done. You won't believe how much trouble I've gotten myself into. Now I have 3 stams and can only keep 1 :sad:!!!. I received the bronze and liked it, but still wasn't sure. The color really is divine, but the BORING lining:sick: really bothers me. MJ really blew it with the lining. So my sister-in-law (who also posts on this forum) bought an 05 ivory stam with the red interior :love: and said I could buy hers if I wanted b/c as much as she loved it the color was too light. Of course, I still wasn't sure if that was the Stam for me-then I remembered reading on one of the threads that Barney's had a putty stam (with the sumptuous blue suede lining!!). So I called them up. Lo and behold-they still had it so I ordered that one too. UUUGGGHH!!!!!!!!!!! am I crazy:wacko::wacko::wacko: or what! All of this to find the perfect stam. The putty stam arrived yesterday and I just lined them all up to compare. I'm torn between the bronze and the putty. That darn lining!!! SO I haven't decided what I'm going to do. Can't keep all 3-hubby will kill me, but I don't know what to do. Really love the bronze color:love::love: butt he putty:love:is lovely as well.

Any advice for the crazy stam lady???

10. JJ's Mama, you are not crazy at all. I think Stam lovers consider you extremely lucky for being able to have all 3 at the same time for comparison. My favorite color is Ivory; I vote for Putty over Bronze. In addition to having the beautiful blue suede lining (preferred by most Stam lovers), its neutral color will go with a lot of outfits. Your hubby will be ok since you will be keeping one that you absolutely love. Let us know which color you end up keeping. -)

11. I totally feel your pain. I haven't actually seen the Putty in person so I can't speak with experience but I think that would be a nice middle ground for you. The bronze is SO freaking gorgeous but it's not an everyday bag (for me). I have my black one that I use more for everyday. The bronze is so special, much like a "trophy bag" if you will :lol: that MUST remain in my collection. Not that it was hard to get but it's so unusual. Do you see the Stam as a bag you'll carry a lot? If so, I'd say putty. If you just want to whip her out now and then to make a point, then bronze. lol

Good luck with that!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice