So, I need a little PCE help (or enabling)

cosmogrrl

Apr 19, 2010
I dress up every day. I'm a lawyer. So dressy bags are good for me.

I have alot of bags. More than I'll ever need. But then, don't we all?

Today, I cracked the tags on my marcasite kristen pleated satchel and I LOVE HER SOOOOO MUCH!!!!!!!! She is beauuuuuutyfullllllll.

So, here's the dilemma. I bought two other Kristen pleated satchels at the last PCEs and they are going back (putty and blue mist -- just don't thrill me).

Choices I am considering:

Cobalt large Sophia (almost a definite)

Silver large Sophia (I have gunmetal Alex and gunmetal Zoe and a gunmetal
Julia satchel. . . prolly overkill)

Studded black Kristen pleated (I wanted boysenberry until I read the post about peeling. But it's another black/gunmetal bag. But, by the same token, ITS A REALLY COOL black/gunmetal bag.)

Possible other options:

Grey pleated sophia (rejected it for two PCEs now, prolly not a winner for me)
Bone embossed sophia with brass
Sequin black Sophia

I feel these last two don't get enough TPF love. . . .

Thoughts??????????? Advice???????

cosmogrrl

Apr 19, 2010
Silver Sophia versus Cobalt Sophia WITH the understanding that I already have three silver bags and zero blue ones.??????

lucydee

O.G.
Jun 12, 2009
New York
Well after seeing Lynne's reveal of the Studded Kristin Satchel in Black I have to say I would go with this one. It is classy, dressy and such a stunning bag, not everyone will have this bag. I tend to go for bags that you don't see many women carrying. Good luck with your choice!

cosmogrrl

Apr 19, 2010
I know the studded came in boysenberry. What was the other color it previously came in?

I'm sort of leaning toward the studded kristen and the cobalt sophia

LuvsElvis

O.G.
Aug 12, 2009
MN
Hi,
I just had to exchange my Boysenberry Studded Kristen for the Black one. She is nice but you might be lucky to find her at the outlet for a better price!!!
If you have a PCE, how about Madison Gathered Shoulder bag in Black or Purple? I saw the Black one IRL today and she is BEAUTIFUL!!! Otherwise, the Black Gathered Sophia is very nice too!
Good Luck with your decision!

Lynne :biggrin:

melissatrv

O.G.
Feb 8, 2009
NC
I say skip the silver Sophia since it is similar in color to your gunmetal bags. If you are getting 2 bags to replace the 2 returns I would go for the cobalt Sophia since you really like that one and the Sequin Black Sophia (I agree it does not get the love it deserves!) I really like the studded Kristin but returned my boysenberry as I had questions about its durability. Plus I think the studded bags are showing up at the outlets.

cosmogrrl

Apr 19, 2010
Well, I'm not limited to 2 bags. Space is running out and I'm going to have to thin the herd here pretty soon, tho.

I already have black gathered Sophia. Haven't cracked the tags, but it's so elegant I can't imagine not owning it. I might get the matching wallet.

Don't know that I really love the cobalt Sophia. Maybe there's a reason I don't have alot of blue accessories :smile:

I think I prefer neutral colors done in interesting ways. Like the marcasite. I wear alot of plain colors, but stylish cuts of clothing. So it really doesn't bother me to have different styles of similar colors of bags. Hence, I'm really thinking about that studded bag. (yes, it's rationalization)

that sequin bag is callin' me and so is that embossed bone one with the braided handle. . love that detail. I guess this will be a gametime decision made at the boutique.

Dec 18, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Silver Sophia versus Cobalt Sophia WITH the understanding that I already have three silver bags and zero blue ones.??????
I'm really not a fan of the cobalt IRL. I've tried to like it every time I've been in and I just can't, the colour is too different IRL.

I think the silver is nicer than the Julia satchel, not sure of the gunmetal Zoe though.

The Sequin Sophia would be great as well.

cosmogrrl

Apr 19, 2010
The silver Sophia is unquestionably nicer than the gunmetal Julia. But, really, I've only carried gunmetal Julia like 3 times and she is a nice bag. She definitely catches the eye. At some point, do I need to spend another $300 on something that is just a little bit nicer than the bag in my closet?

I haven't seen cobalt IRL, so that may be a deal breaker/maker for me.

The shoulder bags are kind of meh to me, just because I HATE the breakaway zipper and they're really too big to carry with a suit. They would look klunky to me in court.

nursie

selective hoarder
Sep 29, 2010
Columbia,SC
out of the ones you listed, i covet the sequin sophia. you have a lot of black/gunmetal so it may not be that much different from what you have, but yet it is unique in my opinion.
and from my experience with bag hoarding, there is a reason you end up with a lot of a certain color: because it works for you!

PickyCoachLover

MoreRoseGoldPlease
Jun 9, 2010
I like the silverish Kristin studded Satchel. I want!

How about a Mad shoulder? Is that not your style? They look so elegant, and a lot of women have to pick their jaws off the floor when they see them. :drool:

Out of your choices, however...I would go with a regular leather Sophia.

Joannek1717

Nov 9, 2009
Connecticut
I have seen the cobalt sophia in cobalt and she took my breath away, but I resisted because I have two other blue bags. When you see her IRL you will either love her or not.

I think the black studded pleated kristen is a killer bag. And it's got silver hardware so it's not an overlap of the pleated Sophia (how's THAT for facilitating).

And if you wear neutral colors, a bone embossed sophia would kick butt!!

But, all this being said, you may leave with the silver sophia. It's not a NEED, it's a WANT and it sounds like she's calling your name. I tried to resist a bag once, and when I went back and got it the SA laughed at me, saying she was just wondering how long it would take me to come back and get her.....

cosmogrrl

Apr 19, 2010
nursie, you have a very good point.

Same reason I have dozens of black shoes. And they are all different to me. They all say different things.

gonna hafta think on this one. . now that I look at it, the putty kristen is sort of wooing me tonight. I AM SO FICKLE

cosmogrrl

Apr 19, 2010
I'll be there Friday morning, bright and early, to do my shoppin'. Why, O why, can't I use my PCE more than once????