so i just made a little balenciaga impulse buy...

So ... that was YOU who did the "Buy it Now" (did it before I had the opportunity to look at your email and the bag!).

Okay ... so now for the bad news ...

Look at the auction from the seller "Personalshoppers" - of a "first" (previously called the City Classique) http://cgi.ebay.com/BALENCIAGA-BLACK-MOTORCYCLE-SM-CLASSIQUE-LE-DIX-BAG_W0QQitemZ6834569710QQcategoryZ63852QQtcZphotoQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem.

Specifically, the pictures with the Silver Balenciaga plate (pictures 6 and 7). Now, look at the bag you bought ... notice any difference?

Now, mind you ... it could be that I'm not seeing it ... but the bag should have a silver metal plate - not just leather. Only the early bags (from about the first year) had just the leather "plate". All the bags after that will have the silver plate (with some exceptions - which unfortunately have escaped my fried brain at the moment - sorry!).

Just to make sure, I'm going to look up my "notes" and check again ... News at 11:00!

CeeJay said:
So ... that was YOU who did the "Buy it Now" (did it before I had the opportunity to look at your email and the bag!).

Okay ... so now for the bad news ...

Look at the auction from the seller "Personalshoppers" - of a "first" (previously called the City Classique) http://cgi.ebay.com/BALENCIAGA-BLACK-MOTORCYCLE-SM-CLASSIQUE-LE-DIX-BAG_W0QQitemZ6834569710QQcategoryZ63852QQtcZphotoQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem.

Specifically, the pictures with the Silver Balenciaga plate (pictures 6 and 7). Now, look at the bag you bought ... notice any difference?

Now, mind you ... it could be that I'm not seeing it ... but the bag should have a silver metal plate - not just leather. Only the early bags (from about the first year) had just the leather "plate". All the bags after that will have the silver plate (with some exceptions - which unfortunately have escaped my fried brain at the moment - sorry!).

Just to make sure, I'm going to look up my "notes" and check again ... News at 11:00!
Hi ceejay! The 2005 Metallics do have just the leather tag - no silver plate.

Congratulations amanda on an awesome bag! By the way amanda, is that a Frenchie in your avatar?

That's interesting because I'm almost positive that the 2005 Red Metallic and Pink Metallic "firsts" (city classique) bags had the metal plate (I know my Red Metallic clutch does - although the plate is the same Red color). Also, my Pink Metallic Medium City Classique definitely has the metal plate.

Do you have a 2005 Metallic "First"? Can you post pictures of it? I just want to make sure. I SINCERELY hope that it's legit ...

CeeJay said:
That's interesting because I'm almost positive that the 2005 Red Metallic and Pink Metallic "firsts" (city classique) bags had the metal plate (I know my Red Metallic clutch does - although the plate is the same Red color). Also, my Pink Metallic Medium City Classique definitely has the metal plate.

Do you have a 2005 Metallic "First"? Can you post pictures of it? I just want to make sure. I SINCERELY hope that it's legit ...

The 2005 Fall Collection Metallics came in four colors...pewter, silver, bronze and light pink. They definitely had the all-leather tag. I did own a bronze first for a little while, but I sold it on eBay ;)