So I just impulse bought a magenta bag

jade

O.G.
Jan 15, 2006
I have been mulling over getting a pink purse for about 4 years now.

I have a chain strap clutch in colorblock with snake, ox blood and something like dark fuschia. But I have had it for like 8 years now, used it occasionally but am somewhat disappointed on the way it holds it shape when minimal items are in it. I wanted something more structure. And easier to wear - I wear a lot of pattern and snake is too busy for my to pair with patterns.

Anyway I thought about something for evening only. But wasn’t sure about splurging on something with such limited use. And I didn’t want to get something inexpensive as I have been wanting to upgrade my bags in general. I love nice finishes.

So the Vara Rainbow had caught my eye. And I have put it in my cart a few times but never pulled the trigger. I thought about WOCs too.

I even put something in my cart during the Farfetch Black Friday sale. But nothing really pushed me over.

Today I went over to the outlets on a mission for something else. I stopped in Ferragamo because a grey bag caught my eye. It was too small, but there was a black/snake bag that caught my eye. And a magenta Vara Essential Shoulder Bag. The chain strap and phone sized front pocket were interesting.

I did a quick pilot and was impressed with the amount of space in the bag. It is a nice medium size so I can use my normal wallet with slightly downsized cosmetics. So it means I would have an evening friendly bag but also a daytime friendly one.

So I walked around the outlets and thought - how long have I been thinking about a pink bag.

And this suede bag was so smooth. And the bag is fully leather lined in contrasting leather.

So it came home with me. And here it is.

cd9bb1aeb315d0ed6bdda6246081ad88.jpg

07396e7302f0a793172eb1248829adee.jpg

fc228edb094c9cc2d4098f35b24fef85.jpg

Have you been thinking about a bag for months (or more)? Did you get it?

I have a chain strap clutch in colorblock with snake, ox blood and something like dark fuschia. But I have had it for like 8 years now, used it occasionally but am somewhat disappointed on the way it holds it shape when minimal items are in it. I wanted something more structure. And easier to wear - I wear a lot of pattern and snake is too busy for my to pair with patterns.

Anyway I thought about something for evening only. But wasn’t sure about splurging on something with such limited use. And I didn’t want to get something inexpensive as I have been wanting to upgrade my bags in general. I love nice finishes.

So the Vara Rainbow had caught my eye. And I have put it in my cart a few times but never pulled the trigger. I thought about WOCs too.

I even put something in my cart during the Farfetch Black Friday sale. But nothing really pushed me over.

Today I went over to the outlets on a mission for something else. I stopped in Ferragamo because a grey bag caught my eye. It was too small, but there was a black/snake bag that caught my eye. And a magenta Vara Essential Shoulder Bag. The chain strap and phone sized front pocket were interesting.

I did a quick pilot and was impressed with the amount of space in the bag. It is a nice medium size so I can use my normal wallet with slightly downsized cosmetics. So it means I would have an evening friendly bag but also a daytime friendly one.

So I walked around the outlets and thought - how long have I been thinking about a pink bag.

And this suede bag was so smooth. And the bag is fully leather lined in contrasting leather.

Yes. I loved the Studio Bag the first time i read about here on purseblog last June. It took me 6 months to pull the trigger, but once i did....it was heaven. I love that bag.

that is one pretty bag! love it! wear it in good health!

Btw i dont know if i mistook you for someone else, but if you are the owner of one ferragamo sofia bag, then thanks to your detailed post here that help me when i was considering sofia myself. i have three now, and sofia is one of only three types of bag that i carry.

Reactions: jade
that is one pretty bag! love it! wear it in good health!

Btw i dont know if i mistook you for someone else, but if you are the owner of one ferragamo sofia bag, then thanks to your detailed post here that help me when i was considering sofia myself. i have three now, and sofia is one of only three types of bag that i carry.
Yay it was possibly me. Glad you love your Sofia’s. so underrated.

Reactions: floodette

Fantastic color! Is it nubuck leather? The gold bow is a lovely detail, too.