SO... I just got my Raisin City

Carolyn16_

Sep 21, 2007
And I'm a little disappointed. While I think the color is lovely, I was just hoping it would pop a little more. I can't decide if it's the style or color. I know the shape will change and the leather will soften, maybe I just need a different style. It seems a little boxy to me right now. On the find something that makes my heart skip a beat!! Now to break the news to my husband!!

Sorry to hear that you are disappointed. Maybe keep it a few days to mull over it. I have seen raisin IRL and it didn't wow me. I know that it has been very popular with a lot of the ladies on the forum. To each their own. Maybe you should consider Sapphire or Violet. Those are more purple with less brown.

raisin is very muted, but it sunlight it pops quite a lot.
I have a pochette and a coin purse and I really like the color because it isn't super saturated it seems very textured and non uniform in color, which I like.
I think if you don't like it maybe you should change it for something you like more, bags are very personal and because of the cost you should have something which you really love.

Thanks everyone. I purchased it from Aloha Rag so I can return it. It seems like all of the colors I love are from previous years and are hard to come by. Patience is a virtue.

Hi there, sorry to hear that, but I do understand. I was very looking forward to get a Raisin City after seeing so many beautiful pictures of it on the forum but when I finally received one, it just didn't wow me for various reasons but I won't get into that. I think Raisin photographs very beautifully, but in IRL the color is definitely more muted. I then saw a Pourpre in NM and that color totally blew me away - so I got a Pourpre City instead! I think often times pictures can be misleading. Pourpre might not be as photogenic as Raisin, but IMO it's such a stunner IRL, and the leather is nicer too. I posted a thread about it...
http://forum.purseblog.com/balenciaga/youll-probably-think-im-crazy-letting-go-raisin-572776.html

Whatever you end up choosing, I hope you'll soon find the perfect Bal for you! :smile:

Def return if you don't love it. I had a bag I didn't really love, another one came along shortly I loved so I returned the one I didn't like as much. You will find one you love I'm certain!

I kind of know what you mean.. when I first saw Raisin in NM under bright lights I loved it, but when I got it and opened it at home it was a totally different experience. Raisin is amazing in certain lighting though, and I have definitely grown to appreciate its beauty. But if you don't like it, return it for something you will love!

Aw, I'm sorry you're disappointed, but it's great you can return it. I have some pics to show you with the different hardwares. I just love Raisin! I kept the one with the GSH but wish I'd kept both. LOL I am also including my Raisin RH Pencil for reference.

What did your husband say? :nuts:

1429-1.jpg

1426.jpg

1431.jpg

IMG_2804-1.jpg