So I heard that the Papillon 30 is being discontinued and production has slowed down.

StarBrite310

Purse & Jewelry Fanatic!
O.G.
Jun 6, 2007
I found out today from a manager that works for LV, that the Papillon 30 and possibly the other sizes too, are being discontinued. Fewer and fewer are being made and the ones in the stores are pretty much the last batch before it's all sold out.

I guess after the discontinuation of the Epi Soufflot it makes sense. However the bag is so cute and classic that I don't know why they'd stop making it. I assume the barrel shape is just not loved by everyone.

Of course I had to buy one today after hearing this news. LOL! I mean just in case right?? I don't wanna be in the same situation with the Papillon that I was in with the Soufflot. Right when you want it, it's gone! Happens to me too many times.

It took me close to 30 minutes to see the date code in the bag. Why would they put it where they do!? Crazy! The one I got was made the 2nd week of this January (2010), so I dunno when production was or will be stopped. The manager and some of the SA's were pretty insistent though that the bag is gonna be gone sooner than later. I think that's why each store only has like 1 or 2 left.

Anyway I thought I'd let you all know what I heard in case you want to purchase the Papillon anytime soon :biggrin:

~

Wanna add that I could be very wrong on this, but I have heard this news from quite a few people.

They told me this story when I bought mine about 7 months ago!

I did see today though, that on the LV site they did not have any Damier Paps or Bedfords-

They told me this story when I bought mine about 7 months ago!

I did see today though, that on the LV site they did not have any Damier Paps or Bedfords-

Yeah I think that there is still plenty out there to purchase but the production on them now is no where near as high as the Speedy or Neverfull for example. Eventually it will be stopped altogether. The stores just don't have a lot of stock of the Papillon at all. It was very hard to find one that wasn't a display and didn't have a lot of Patina already.

Glad you were able to get one! The Papillon is a classic. I think it has been around since the 1960's. It may not be as popular now (as Neverfull for ex.) but its a shame to completely discontinue it. Congrats.

I love love love my Watercolor Papillon! I wouldn't trade it for anything. But I guess the shape is not for everyone. I rarely see others carrying one of any pattern around.

One the bright side, it's classic that, if discontinued, will certainly be welcomed as a limited edition some point in the future.