So I did something bad today... (Impulse buy)

PauseBreak

May 31, 2012
Over the weekend, I went to the Celines in San Francisco to look at what boxes they had, but nothing particularly caught my eye. I had the day off today, so on a whim, I drove up to the Stanford Neiman Marcus with no real intention to buy, just look. But then the SA pulled out prettiest turquoise box bag in goat skin. And THEN the she told me they hadn't increased prices yet so they were still $3900. AND I got my paycheck today. So I bought it, against my better judgement. My rationale was that:
1. I was afraid someone else might snatch it up while I indecisively teetered on the fence
2. I was getting the old price, and I knew a box bag would be my next purchase
3. I loooved the color
4. I did NOT want the smooth box leather because, as pretty as it is, I don't baby my bags
5. I could always return it

As I look on Overstock, there's a black box bag for $3k so I feel horribly fiscally irresponsible.

What do you guys think?

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 1,323
Pretty color! If you're having second thoughts, I would think about how often I would wear this color, as the price is pretty high for something I wouldn't wear often.

I wouldn't buy on Overstock (worried about fakes).

Also, if you're into turquoise and durability, Chanel has a turquoise caviar flaps right now.

Reactions: hotcrossbiscuit
Thanks haha. I'm in love, but I'm definitely not allowed to buy anything for a looooong time if I'm keeping her :shocked:

I would say keep it if you bought it because you really love it and not because you felt pressure due to price increases, etc. Of course, finding something you love before it's more expensive is great as long as you didn't buy it just because it's cheaper. As far as the bag on overstock goes, I think some member on the forum have discussed seeing fakes on overstock, but I'm not certain of that.

As far as I know, Céline doesn't take returns anyway. It's only store credit or exchange within 14 days. That's why I always make sure it's what I want.
Now onto your box. I really love the color. Because it's not "box" leather it will definitely wear differently. If your a clumsy person it's a really great option IMO. Also, overstock is known to sell fakes so...it's putting it like this. Pay 3k for a fake or 3.9k for a real one. Haha I think you made a good choice. Don't be discouraged by lower prices on eBay, or overstock or anything like that. You have a bag that you love and peace of mind. Enjoy her!!

Ah beautiful! Congrats! I have a smooth leather small box and as much as I do love it, always wished it was in more durable leather (wasn't available in small at the time when I bought it)