So, I did it... First LV purse!!

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I would have never thought that I would own anything LV, but this forum is such an enabler. haha!! I never knew they had the Speedy Azur. You don't see many LV's in northeast ohio, and usually the ones you do see are fake. So, I did it!!! I exchanged my EPI small agenda and got the Speedy 30 Azur. It is such the perfect bag.

I am going to get the All in 1 shaper before I use it. I am definitely a person that like more structure.

So, the experience: On the drive up there (45 min. drive to the mall) I couldnt breath, my hands were sweating and when I go there I couldn't even talk. The SA asked me if I knew what I was looking for and all I could do was point at it.. lol!! He got one out of the drawer and unfolded it and I about dropped on the floor. :nuts: It is amazing how these bags look IRL. I had a white jacket on and jeans and the bag with my outfitted was outstanding (if I do say so myself). heehee :P

The funniest part of all of this is that I told DH that it was a fake :wtf:!! If he knew that it was real... well it just wouldnt be good. What he doesn't know won't hurt him, right? He is so against name brand things and I am too; EXCEPT when it comes to purses. And another funny thing is that I never wear a purse until I graduated from college. I always had a man's wallet in my back packet. heehee!!

I did ask for the larger sleeper bag and the big box, though it was still hard to speak at the end. They were more than happy to give them to me. It was such a great experience!!

Thanks so much for all the advise. Though if anyone has some helpful tips or information about the speedy for a newbie that would be appreciated!! Should I put Apple Guard or Shining Monkey on the bag?

I hope this is the first bag of mini more to come (well at least some accessories are going to be needed now)!! :yahoo: Thanks for letting me tell my story!

2. Congrats on your first LV bag and I'm glad that you had an amazing experience at the store.

Just be careful on one thing, this is just the beginning of a huge obsession. Enjoy your bag.

3. Nice story and congrats on a great bag! I've yet to visit a LV Boutique, but I bet my hands will be sweaty too. LOL.

4. Congrats on your new Speedy. Azur is very pretty and just right for the upcoming warm weather. It'll look so fresh in the summer. Great choice!

5. Great first bag! Congratulations!

6. congrats great choice, its a beautiful bag! i cant belive DH will not know its real!

7. ENJOY YOUR BAG!!!
    I just got same one few weeks ago for my birthday it's a beauty.

8. Congrats on your very first! Soooooooooo exciting isn't it!

Enjoy! And good story, I'll have to tell my dh that it's a fake the next time I buy! LOL!

9. Congratulation!! Azur Speedy was my second LV but my first boutique experience as well.

10. Mich, congratulations on your new bag! Enjoy it. Now you will be dreaming of what to get next!

11. Congrats on your LVoely new bag.:tup:

12. Congrats! I'm glad you got such a lovely bag and a great experience at LV. Welcome to the club!!

13. congrats!!! i should learn to lie to my bf the same way!

14. Hi from a fellow NEOhio'er! Congrats on your new bag!! :yahoo:

As far as keeping it clean, check out the FAQ thread...there's a lot of good information there to help you make your decision. You'll find the opinions very mixed!

15. Congrats on your very first LV! I loved your story & it made me remember "my first time" too. :love: I'm thinking is only the first in a collection of "fakes" you'll eventually be bringing home. LOL, the things we do for LV!

I always spray my bags with a waterproof/dirtproof spray & do a thin coat of Kiwi clear as soon as I get them home. About once a month I do a couple of swipes on the vachetta with Magic Eraser, then I spray/Kiwi again. Everyone has their preference of how they maintain their bags so be sure to do a search to see what's best for your LV's.