So i complimented someone on her bag today..

I work in a jeans store, and quite often I have mums with LVs (like today I saw a mandarin epi alma, and lots of mono bags)shopping with their children, but I tend not to comment on bags etc, because, well, most grown ups carrying LVs seem stucked up.. and not very pleasent. Hope I dont give that impression myself when Im out toting my bags

I will usually tell people that I see on a more regular basis (like at school in classes but people I don't normally associate with) that I like their bag. And it's regardless if it's LV or not. I haven't seen anyone carry anything LV yet. if they did I would. Some people are annoyed and others are happy. I would be stoked if someone said they liked my bag!

Some people might not like getting talked to by strangers, no matter what they say (if they are shopping they might just want to get the items and not say more than necessary in their opinion). It depends on who you get compliments from, if it's a total stranger I could also be kinda annoyed thinking what the h*ll they want from me... and that from a student :P I sometimes just wanna get things done and if someone "interrupts" that stream of habit my mind gets messed up... well, yeah you're better off not complementing total strangers unless they look very very nice (but who can tell about personality by looking at someone)

That's weird..... I've gotten two or three compliments on my bags and have loved every minute of it! I haven't given any compliments tho because I only see fakes around here LOL.

I've never had any problems with giving people compliments but I know that when someone that works at a store compliments me on my bags I am happy and say thank you, but at the back of my mind sometimes I feel like they're being fake and trying to get a sale. That's because sometimes they just look at me rudely until they see my bag, after which compliments and sugar sweetness. Either way I'm still nice to them!

Can't believe how many rude people there are these days that not only think these things but actually say them, especially if they're on the job! Like that nurse (in another thread) and the lady at the bank (on this thread). Weird! :hrmm:

I personally have yet to have given anyone any compliments on their bag nor have I received any...I do get a few stares now and then when I'm out with my bag...and it makes me especially self-conscious...I keep thinking to myself, "are they thinking my bag is fake?"

When I'm at checkout stands, and I put down my pomme cles to take out my Eugenie wallet, I always feel self-conscious, like, "will the cashier think I'm flaunting all these LV items in front of her?"

I probably wouldn't have an "attitude" if I do receive a compliment someday but it would definitely make me feel awkward, like someone actually "notices" my bag?! :amazed:

Did she have kids around? Sometimes if my kids are with me they always have to act up when I am getting rung up. That then can look like I am annoyed at someone when I am really annoyed at my kids.

But still if someone complimented my bag I wouldnt scowl back at them.

I had a female, cashier at babies r' us compliment me on my Coach signature, brown wallet one time. I was happy and said thanks, then I became a bit annoyed when she kept on asking questions like "is it brand name" "wow the leather is so clean and nice" and "where you buy it, how much was it" It's nice to know that I have a pretty wallet, but pushing me w/ questions I don't like to answer bugs. If I do answer her questions about the price, I assume there's always some kind of negative reaction, like "wow that's a lot for a wallet" or "that's a waste of money on such a thing" I like to keep my business to myself about my purchases, and that was only a Coach wallet....talk about how much more expensive LV is.

I complimented two girls with Azur Saleya and Speedy. To one of them with a Pastilles key chain on her Speedy, I said, "hey I like your Pastilles chain". And she looked at me as if I was speaking another language and annoyed! I heard her friend say "I think she was talking about your purse". LOL. stupid.

I complimented someone yesterday. It was a woman with an almost new Tikal GM. (This was at Home Goods. We were both shopping for towels). I said "Nice purse. Is that the Tulum or the Tikal?" and she said... (gushing).. Thank you so much... it's the Tikal and it's my first Louie!" I asked if she got it in Boston (closest city that carries LV) and she said "Yes. You're the first one to comment on it. You made my day and I can't wait to tell my husband that someone actually knew what it was." She was very sweet and told me how much fun it was making her choice of LV's at the boutique.

About a year ago I complimented someone at the grocery store. Picture this.. We're picking out oranges and I say "I like your Batignolles bag", and she say's ..
"..this isn't a Batignolles-whatever bag, it's a Louis Vuitton!"