So I am ready to do it.....Buy my first Bbag! Question though...

ashley_brook

Aug 8, 2006
Hi everyone. Well I am ready to do it. It makes me nervous as can be- but I REALLY want a Balenciaga!
I am trying to choose between the Rouge Vif, the Black, or the Truffle. I for sure want to get the bag in the First style. So I really love all three!
Now if I realize in 6mths that I spent $1000 on a purse- and need to snap back to reality and sell it. Which do you think of the 3 colors would hold their value the most?
thank you!!!
ashley

Hi Ashley_brook. Welcome to the forum and congrats on your impending purchase.

I think you can't go wrong with black. It's easier to keep clean, will go with everything and is released every year. The rouge vif is a beautiful colour that will not be released again. The truffle is fabulous too.

Personally, I think the rouge is a little more special and if it is still in fabulous condition will probably hold it's value more. If you're looking to buy a bag with the possibility of selling then this would be my choice.

Good luck!

I agree, the Rouge Vif will be the hot one, in my opinion. The black is every season and they also do some sort of brown every year, the red will stand out! Plus I think it's a great colour for your wardrobe while you own it!

I wish you well,

Bridget

I agree with Cal that the Rouge will probably hold its value best. The leather on my bag is so nice and that sets it apart from the rest of the recent bags (but I don't know if some are more veiny than mine) in addition to the color.

Truffle is gorgeous but the color of the leather varies a LOT. Some have a lot of green to them, and not in a good way. lol

It's such a tough choice, right? I have a black City and it is my #1 out of the bags I have at the moment.

Hey, Welcome to the PF!
IMO, Definitly Rouge! I think the colour is just that little more special than the other two, so its something that will hold its value for alot longer!
Good luck and let us know what you deceide on!
xxxRosexxx

ashley, welcome! yes, i would go for the rouge as well! it's a beautiful color to have and if you decide to sell it later on, there'll always be a rouge lover out there to give her a wonderful home!

I agree that Rouge will probably hold the value the best, but in terms of practicality, you can never go wrong with a Black bag... there's a reason they get made every season! It's such a wardrobe staple.