So how is everyone's auctions doing? IS traffic slow for you?

pro_shopper

♥dreaming of Chanel♥
Apr 26, 2007
Hey Everyone,

So I have a few HTF items listed on ebay right now and they are not moving! I have re-listed a few items several times and they are at a reasonable price but for some reason they just are not selling! Does anyone else find their auctions to be slow? Is it just that slow time of the year right now? Any tips?

TIA

I've sold a couple of bags lately..on the bay and the bonz...but priced them to move...I'm sure if I priced them as they should have been..they would probably still be there.
I'm not sure what's going on right now..but yeah..a bit slow.
Maybe due to tax time???:shrugs:

Yeah, I usually price things low unless it's something I know I'll get a more reasonable amount for...then again, I'm just cleaning out my closet (been a couple of months now).

People ask a bunch of questions, watch, but nothing...maybe a few bids at the end.

Tax time makes sense...though with tax returns...meh.

^^ No return for me.. darn.:pout:
(and I don't make a boatload of money or anything..) I just don't own anything to write off and my daughter is on her own.
Maybe returns that people will get will kick in soon and business will pick up!! Here's hoping!

I relisted some items for the third time and I bit the bullet & started them at .99
Doing this scares the bejesus out of me with $$ bags unless they are hot at the moment.
I thought that maybe that would generate traffic for me. Well I broke even on one,made a measley profit on the third but after fees on all of them Im left with $40 :faint:

Oh well at least my closet has some shelf space left.

Maybe for Mothers day it will get better.

I have listed high end bags at a starting bid of $0.99 before but it scares the crap out of me to do so! I guess I feel better about it when traffic is good but doing it now...

I have reserves on my auctions now...these items move fast normally...plus I'm getting lots of off eBay offer which I'm always a bit iffy about!

sooo slow!! i just signed on to bonanzle but not having high expectations. Unfortunately b/c of all the good prices out there, i'm spending more money than i need to! Any tips on how to get traffic on bonz? though i absolutely hate ebay's fees, i got more interest from ebayers than bonz (but i'm new, who knows...maybe it takes time)

It's funny, the one bag I listed for $$ sold almost instantaneously, but my bargain-priced items (including a bag nearly identical to the $$ one) are moving sloooooooow. Just wanted to post a batch of items before the fee increases, not gonna relist them on ebay.

which fee increase? bonz?
It's funny, the one bag I listed for $$ sold almost instantaneously, but my bargain-priced items (including a bag nearly identical to the $$ one) are moving sloooooooow. Just wanted to post a batch of items before the fee increases, not gonna relist them on ebay.

No, ebay. Currently, your first 5 listings have no listing fees but much higher FVF. After 5, you have to pay the listing fee but the FVF is much lower (which is a better deal for more expensive items). Starting March 30, your first 100 items will have no listing fees and much higher FVF. There might be other changes too, I don't recall. I think the general consensus is this is a bad deal for most sellers, unless you sell only super-cheap or super-high-end items.