So how do I go about ordering a Birkin?

I would suppose, it depends on the combo leather/HW you are looking for.

I have seen Birkins in Hermes Las Vegas and Honolulu on display - I didn't ask but assumably they are for sale (a while back mind you). You can just supposedly browse and if you see them on display, you can ask its availability.

My Birkin is from the Madison Avenue store where I had no relationship with an SA...I did have a phone call with him since I don't live in NY and he called me 3 days later and offered me a Birkin. I have many detailed posts about how I got the Birkin. Since he wouldn't send it I had my brother go in and the timing was right. So no, it's not that Wall Street store being new because I scored the Birkin immediatly at the Madison Ave. store.

I've developed a relationship with a SA out of state, as the store nearest me (San Francisco) has been dubbed "the store that has nothing" according to fellow pfers. Would that mean all of my future handbag purchases have to be completed out of state? I don't mind flying out (especially for a Birkin or a Kelly :P), but it is rather inconvenient and I would much rather stay local!

Honestly I've never seen a problem with SF Hermes' selection. Chances are there won't be a Birkin or Kelly on the floor, but if you have a good relationship with an SA you should be be able to get one transferred from another store or have them order you one at the biannual podium.

I so envy you! You're finally ready to buy your Birkin. As for me, it would take a couple of years more before I can say to myself "I'm Birkin ready". Anyway, I'm new to TPF and I don't have any Hermes product to my name, but I know a lot about the brand. A friend of mine said never to ask about the Birkin (SA's hate that); you should let them open up the opportunity for them to let you to buy it. Another advice I got is that you should buy Hermes' RTW collections. SA's like that and is one of the first steps into getting your name into that "closed" waitlist. Good luck on the Birkin. :smile: