So help me out here... Go to Korea (Teium) or Stay in America?

chlak5

Jun 12, 2014
Hi Guys,

I'm looking to get my double eyelid revision. It's not that it came out bad, but it just needs more tightening and I can benefit from epicanthoplasty better. Plus, I'm looking to get lateral canthoplasty as well. Plus, I was looking to get a filler on my nose but not rhinoplasty. So the thing is, do you think it's worth going all the way to Korea? I've been searching through the forum and people say Teium is the best for the eyes.

I'm still confused and learning since there are so many clinics out there, but I don't want to spend an arm and a leg either, but choose the best doctor since it's my face.
The total cost (double eyelid revision, epi, lateral, and nose bridge filler) will be around $4000 here in America.

I was wondering what is relative cost for the surgeries I would like to get it done in Korea.

And can people fill me in with the clinics? What they recommend for what? Preferably on the cheaper side and where the locals like to go to.

Thank in advance!

Honestly, I think $4000 for the procedures you want is a good deal. I imagine you'd pay more in Korea considering you'll have to pay for flight+hotel which is already $1500+ BUT of course the surgery cost depends on your case. I recall reading that revisions cost more than primary surgeries, but I'm not sure if that only applies for nose surgeries so anyone feel free to correct me if i'm wrong.

I can admit I haven't done too much research on American clinics as I'm not interested in getting surgery done here. If you do the research and find the right doctor that would work best for you, I think it's reasonable and worth every penny to get surgery done in Korea.

Just keep in mind there are tons of clinics! From what I've read, Teium is best KNOWN for eye surgeries but doesn't necessarily mean their the best AT eye surgeries. Whether you plan on doing surgery in America or Korea, just do your research! Don't give in until you find a doctor that's perfect for you.

Honestly, I think $4000 for the procedures you want is a good deal. I imagine you'd pay more in Korea considering you'll have to pay for flight+hotel which is already $1500+ BUT of course the surgery cost depends on your case. I recall reading that revisions cost more than primary surgeries, but I'm not sure if that only applies for nose surgeries so anyone feel free to correct me if i'm wrong.

I can admit I haven't done too much research on American clinics as I'm not interested in getting surgery done here. If you do the research and find the right doctor that would work best for you, I think it's reasonable and worth every penny to get surgery done in Korea.

Just keep in mind there are tons of clinics! From what I've read, Teium is best KNOWN for eye surgeries but doesn't necessarily mean their the best AT eye surgeries. Whether you plan on doing surgery in America or Korea, just do your research! Don't give in until you find a doctor that's perfect for you.
Hi I agree. Do you know any cheap deals on flights and hotels/motels/ or renting out a room in Korea? I wouldn't my visit the country as well since I'm going to be there. And have you heard anything about Opera, Real, and Banobagi? Those are on my top choices as well as they are popular with the locals and they seem to be reasonably priced.

Hi I agree. Do you know any cheap deals on flights and hotels/motels/ or renting out a room in Korea? I wouldn't my visit the country as well since I'm going to be there. And have you heard anything about Opera, Real, and Banobagi? Those are on my top choices as well as they are popular with the locals and they seem to be reasonably priced.

I know expedia and bookit usually have package deals (flight+hotel). I've seen a lot of people on here use airbnb, but I haven't looked into it so I can't really help you on that.

I've read about the clinics you've mentioned but can't remember anything off the top of my head. You can use the search function to do a quick search on the clinics and read up on them.

Hi there! Coincidentally, I had consultations at all three clinics and my DES at Banobagi. I wrote about my experiences in this thread: http://forum.purseblog.com/plastic-...ery-prices-experiences-and-photos-878483.html. There are only 8 pages in total, so it shouldn't take you too long to find my posts.

If you have any specific questions that I didn't address in my posts, feel free to PM me, or send me your kakaotalk ID :smile:

Banobagi has its own accommodation, a guest house..I'm not sure how long you can stay there, the maximum amount of nights. As Koreasaurus mentioned AirBnB is a good cheaper option..(https://www.airbnb.com.au/s/gangnam--seoul?source=bb) there are lots of nice whole apartments (or private rooms if that's what you want) you can get from $60 up that are nicely furnished and come with cooking implements and some even with basic food or toiletries, central in the Gangnam-Gu district.With that is the bonus of a host that can help you if you need anything.
I have never tried AirBnB yet, but I am strongly considering it when I go :smile: