SO help! FSH in Nov

NewBVfan

~Hermes lover~
O.G.
Jul 14, 2009
Hi all,

I'll be going to FSH in Nov and am already thinking about SO in Paris. :P

I want 2 birkins, one B 35 and one shoulder birkin.

I'm thinking having a black togo birkin 35 w/ fuschia handles and ebene togo togo shoulder birkin with orange handles.

I really like bright colors but don't want my birkins to be too "in your face."

Obviously, I'm not very creative in terms of leather and color.

Any other suggestions you can gimme?

Btw, I'm quite new to H and I wonder if there's any special rule to SO? I heard we need to get approval after we pick the color and leather. Anything else? Do I just go into FSH asking a SA that I want to SO?

There are alot of threads here that can give you information in regards to FSH ordering, buying etc - so do a search and you will get a treasure of information. I also think there is a thread about bi-color orders from quite a long time back.
When it comes to leather you will (to my knowledge) need the same leather for the whole bag so you need to find colors that are made in the same leather.
SO's outside FSH needs approval but I don't know how it works at FSH.
Good luck in your quest.

the problem is with you wanted SO´s that the bags won´t be made like this black togo with fushia handles - no as fuschia is not available in togo you would have to do a whole chevre bag.
if they will do the two tone shoulder bag is also questionable (plus togo usually the shoulder birkins are clemence) at least if they do not know you as two tone shoulder birkin is usually not done

also ordering two bags can be quite a task given you are not an existing client

and as a last even though it appears to be really easy to get an So in paris in reality it is not. not everyone gets the chance and while there are lucky storys on here i personally witnessed more "no" then "yes" answers

not to rain on anyones parade but i read very frequently in the past on here
that an So in paris is oh so easy and everyone get the chance etc. i just want to educate that this may not be the case. SO even in paris are not the norm while getting bags off the shelv and even Po´s is easier SO is mostly luck how you get along with the SA you history with the brand and what you buy with that SA

of course i wish you (and everyone) loads of luck in paris but please noone be disappointed

I am highlighting lilach's comments based from my personal experience :biggrin::

the problem is with you wanted SO´s that the bags won´t be made like this black togo with fushia handles - no as fuschia is not available in togo you would have to do a whole chevre bag.
if they will do the two tone shoulder bag is also questionable (plus togo usually the shoulder birkins are clemence) at least if they do not know you as two tone shoulder birkin is usually not done

also ordering two bags can be quite a task given you are not an existing client

and as a last even though it appears to be really easy to get an So in paris in reality it is not. not everyone gets the chance and while there are lucky storys on here i personally witnessed more "no" then "yes" answers

not to rain on anyones parade but i read very frequently in the past on here
that an So in paris is oh so easy and everyone get the chance etc. i just want to educate that this may not be the case. SO even in paris are not the norm while getting bags off the shelv and even Po´s is easier SO is mostly luck how you get along with the SA you history with the brand and what you buy with that SA

of course i wish you (and everyone) loads of luck in paris but please noone be disappointed

I want 2 birkins, one B 35 and one shoulder birkin.

I'm thinking having a black togo birkin 35 w/ fuschia handles and ebene togo togo shoulder birkin with orange handles.

A bi-color SB II does exist:

Parchemin-cafe handles/piping
http://forum.purseblog.com/hermes-s...ou-seen-and-where-460715-38.html#post11738060http://forum.purseblog.com/hermes-s...ou-seen-and-where-460715-38.html#post11738060

I think a one colour SB II w/different lining would be nicer. Maybe parchemin SB II w/orange lining in phw? You could try asking.
mx8.gif
in Paris.
http://forum.purseblog.com/hermes-s...ou-seen-and-where-460715-38.html#post11738060

Last edited:
Ditto what Lilach said...

SOs are not easy to get anywhere, unless you are a very good existing client (and they have to know you), so I wouldn't think it will be any different in Paris.

You can try though - you might just get lucky! :P

Ditto what Lilach said...

SOs are not easy to get anywhere, unless you are a very good existing client (and they have to know you), so I wouldn't think it will be any different in Paris.

You can try though - you might just get lucky! :P

Exactly. I know that before the financial crisis, even tourists can place SOs at H Amsterdam. But when the recession started, many SOs were left unclaimed in the store and they became stricter. As of May this year, only residents of Amsterdam (or the whole of Netherlands, not sure) can place SOs.

In my store, I had to prove that I'm a resident of CPH before I was able to place an SO.

Exactly. I know that before the financial crisis, even tourists can place SOs at H Amsterdam. But when the recession started, many SOs were left unclaimed in the store and they became stricter. As of May this year, only residents of Amsterdam (or the whole of Netherlands, not sure) can place SOs.

In my store, I had to prove that I'm a resident of CPH before I was able to place an SO.

Wow, this is so strict!
I wonder if the same practice is being implemented elsewhere as well? (whether covertly or not?)

This is happening in the UK too, unless you are well known to the store they will not let you do an SO