So frustrated!

Feb 8, 2007
Argh! So I've been selling on eBay for over 12 years and during that time have only had a couple of issues. I just had a person do a BIN on one of my items and he paid immediately. I went to get the address to ship it to and there are 2 addresses for him in Paypal. So I call Paypal and ask the rep what to do in this situation and he said "they have 2 addresses" and I say "um yeah that's what I explained to you when I called". So I had to refund the money and send out an email to the buyer to edit his address with Paypal and now I'm concerned that I might get negative feedback! And meanwhile, the buyer hasn't responded to emails yet.
Argh!!!

I've never had this happen to me but I'm wondering why you had to refund the money? Why not just wait for him to update his address for you?
This could be a really simple matter of him forgetting to update his new address. I wouldn't worry about negative FB since you cancelled the sale.......can he actually still leave FB in this case?
Asking because I really don't know the policy and eBay changes them every now and again.....:giggle:

I have no idea why you would see two addresses. What happened when you went to the print label page on ebay?

A person can have multiple addresses in Paypal. I do. But when you checkout on ebay, a default address shows, and unless you edit it to choose another one, that is the one the seller sees. I can't understand how you would see more than one. The system isn't set up that way.

I tried to print the label, however, the buyer had entered the info with one address entirely on one line so both addresses printed. Called PayPal and followed their instructions, got the name of the person I spoke with and the event number for the call. Waiting to hear back from the buyer-money has been refunded and I explained that they can repurchase after they update their info. Paypal said if I sent it out as is I am not protected.
I've never had this happen to me but I'm wondering why you had to refund the money? Why not just wait for him to update his address for you?
This could be a really simple matter of him forgetting to update his new address. I wouldn't worry about negative FB since you cancelled the sale.......can he actually still leave FB in this case?
Asking because I really don't know the policy and eBay changes them every now and again.....:giggle:

I have no idea why you would see two addresses. What happened when you went to the print label page on ebay?

A person can have multiple addresses in Paypal. I do. But when you checkout on ebay, a default address shows, and unless you edit it to choose another one, that is the one the seller sees. I can't understand how you would see more than one. The system isn't set up that way.

If you're shipping through Paypal, there should have been just one "ship to" addresses. The only reason why there might have been the appearance of 2 addresses is if the buyer has a PO box but also includes a street address. (Is that what you're seeing?)

That said, if there's any updating of addresses that might be necessary, you would have issue a refund of the payment because buyers can't update an address after payment is made. It must be updated prior to payment, thus you'd issue the refund and when they repay, they fix it.

But again, if the appearance of 2 addresses was just as I stated earlier, that wouldn't have been a problem.

However now that a refund has been issued, the buyer needs to repay.

I tried to print the label, however, the buyer had entered the info with one address entirely on one line so both addresses printed. Called PayPal and followed their instructions, got the name of the person I spoke with and the event number for the call. Waiting to hear back from the buyer-money has been refunded and I explained that they can repurchase after they update their info. Paypal said if I sent it out as is I am not protected.
That's odd! Paypal's system should have caught that and not allowed it.

Reactions: HandbagDiva354
Would that not go over the maximum number of allowed characters? I had to revise some addresses when someone had it c/o someone else or a really long street name and apartment number. I think the limit is 40 or 45 characters and the label will not print if the name/address goes over that.