SO Frustrated with Coach!

annie11

Aug 5, 2012
I've ordered from the Coach website once before, and received an item was not in optimal condition. I ended up returning it.

Now, I've tried to order from the website one more time because I had a PCE and did not have time to get to a store with the item I wanted. It arrived today and is beautiful, but flawed. I am so frustrated with this!

The bag is a Candace in Cognac (old style) so the quantities are limited. There are 4 small but very noticeable indentations in the front of the bag- right in the area of the logo and where they are most noticeable. There's also a small dark stain/mark on the bottom of the bag. There's also what appears to possibly be glue residue near the seams on both the front bottom and rear top of the bag.

Am I just expecting too much to receive a bag in "new" condition without flaws when I'm paying $300 for this item with a PCE? There are many other brands where you can buy a bag in "new" condition and reasonably expect it to be free of flaws.

picture.php

Your bag should be in prestine condition. Look at the money we hand over. Thats not acceptable at all! I'm sorry, and this is why I've walked away from the Legacy Line.

Return it to a store and have them order you a new one. That is not okay. It's new and it shouldn't look like that. When you order the new one (I'd do it over the phone), be sure to tell them the condition that this one arrived in and tell them that you'd like for them to make notes for the next one to be looked over before it is mailed.

Well it shouldn't be flawed, but it is gloved tanned leather, it won't be 100% smooth. I bought the Molly in black cherry and my SA brought out three and we looked over for the best one.

I find it best to call my SA and do a phone order. They'll honor pce and ship for free and they'll look over the item before they ship it to me. Online I figure its a dude with a print out grabbing a bag from a pile.

Well it shouldn't be flawed, but it is gloved tanned leather, it won't be 100% smooth. I bought the Molly in black cherry and my SA brought out three and we looked over for the best one.

I find it best to call my SA and do a phone order. They'll honor pce and ship for free and they'll look over the item before they ship it to me. Online I figure its a dude with a print out grabbing a bag from a pile.

:roflmfao:

Sometimes you can rub the excess glue or black sealant off with your finger. The indentations may come out with rubbing/massaging over time. But it would be better to get a new, more perfect one if you can.

You know it is!!:P I imagine he's wearing earbuds with a sandwich in one hand!

You know it is!!:P I imagine he's wearing earbuds with a sandwich in one hand!

LOL! I agree! I've learned my lesson with ordering from Coach online this time. It WILL be the last!

I've decided to take the bag to a store 90 minutes away, in hopes that they have one in good condition (according to the Coach website) they have the bag in stock. If theirs is not in any better shape, I'll ask them to call other stores while I'm there and find me another one that's in acceptable condition.

What a stinking pain that my entire day tomorrow is going to end up consumed by this! It is a gorgeous bag, so if I can find one in good shape, it will hopefully all be worth it!

I've ordered from the Coach website once before, and received an item was not in optimal condition. I ended up returning it.

Now, I've tried to order from the website one more time because I had a PCE and did not have time to get to a store with the item I wanted. It arrived today and is beautiful, but flawed. I am so frustrated with this!

The bag is a Candace in Cognac (old style) so the quantities are limited. There are 4 small but very noticeable indentations in the front of the bag- right in the area of the logo and where they are most noticeable. There's also a small dark stain/mark on the bottom of the bag. There's also what appears to possibly be glue residue near the seams on both the front bottom and rear top of the bag.

Am I just expecting too much to receive a bag in "new" condition without flaws when I'm paying $300 for this item with a PCE? There are many other brands where you can buy a bag in "new" condition and reasonably expect it to be free of flaws.

picture.php

If it's on the front of your bag and it bothers you then return it.

I’ve already returned one of my Cognac Legacy because of an oil spot right below the Coach logo, the bag they replaced it with has a black line on the bottom of the bag that is about 4" long and somewhat dark. Thing is I’m not sure if it's a scar on the leather (which would make it perfectly natural) or if it was improperly dyed or handled by Coach and is only going to get worse.

I love this bag so much and have been waiting for it for such a long time that I’m not sure if I should return it or just be thankful the mark is on the bottom of the bag. I mean with their track record I may get something even worse next time.:cool:

With your return and rebuy (if you elect to do so), they should also do better for you than the PCE discount for the lack of quality control that it was shipped like that..and the inconvenience to you!!