So frustrated! very high fees because MJ produced in China. Help!

jennytalula

–
O.G.
Feb 7, 2008
Sorry, I just had to start a new thread for this.

I ordered booties from Shopbop the other day, my absolute dream shoes (see my poll thread).

The shoes sort of arrived. UPS delivered today, but I refused to pay the custom fee: It's 230$!!! :shocked:

Apparently, because the shoes were made in China, customs can apply an anti-dumping-fee, which is 16,8%.

I am so mad right now. I saved up to get these shoes that were expensive (for me anyways) all along, but I cannot pay 230$ on top of the regular 450$! That's like almost 500 Euros. :pout:

Also, that means I cannot order MBMJ (or eben MJ?) anymore when the store is located outside of the EU, because I never know if the item was made in China or not. So, fellow Europeans, think about the additional 16,8% when ordering!

Unfortunately, there is no other internet shop that sells these.
Living in Europe sucks sometimes! :s:cry:

Does anyone know if I could order these from Londons MJ shop? is there a phone number or email?

Thanks for letting me ramble…

Edit: Found the London shop number on his website. I'll try there. Edit 2: NO ONES THERE.
I gotta calm down.:wacko:

Last edited:
Morning Jen, I don't think they open until about 10.30/11.am, I think there's also a MbMJ in Copenhagen. Harvey Nichols,Selfridges, Liberty and Harrods also carry MbMJ shoes. Let me know if you need phone numbers :smile:

Thanks girls. I will try calling everywhere. The MJ boutique should know how to get these, right?

I tell you, globalisation sucks. I mean, yeah, we all know that, but I always thought the one good thing about it was for my fashionista self to be able to buy everything I want from anywhere

Thanks girls, your words really do make me feel a little better.
Sometimes I feel so stupid cause it's just *things*. But still, once you set your heart on something and saved up for it… it does hurt a little bit!

what kind of customs fee is that? it's crazy! sounds like there's some legislative bias on the eu's part. why only products from china? in any case, you shouldn't have any trouble ordering mj since it's made in italy. i'm sure you'll be able to find them at the mbmj boutique in london. sorry you have to go through all this hassle for your dream boots, but once you get them, it'll all be worth it!

Aw, Jen, I'm so so sorry! That's just absolutely ridiculous!
I sent you a PM - PLEASE make sure you read it!! I really, really hope there's another way you can get these boots!!
:hugs::heart:

Thank you ladies!
And thanks iluv… :love:

I talked to a lovely gal from the MBMJ London boutique and she'll try to get them for me, although she's not sure she can send them to Germany. We'll see, fingers crossed she gets back to me soon!

tad, I'm afraid MBMJ is made in China since recently. I remember reading something like that on here a couple of months back…

Usually, I think it's actually a good custom fee –there are so many fake designer goods from China around, just think of all those trashy Louboutin sites on the net, and it's neccessary to somehow curb this. But in this case it is just plain ridiculous. Oh well.

Last edited:
mbmj has always been made in china or indonesia or some other asian country, i thought. i don't remember them being made anywhere else, but mj collection is still produced in italy. :yes:

anyway, keep us updated. hopefully, we'll hear good news.