So frustrated! very high fees because MJ produced in China. Help!

the things is, they likely won't even be paying custom fees upon the return - I know that some girls have been charged customs and duties, but it seems totally random -- anytime I've purchased anything overseas, I've never been charged customs or duties.

I know this is getting really boring for most of you, but I have to spread some good news:
shopbop contacted me again and somehow I only have to pay 15$ for the whole thing instead of 77$. so yay! I will get the boots another way, so all is good.
:smile:

thanks Dawn!

tad, I did talk to the London boutique and they don't have this style. But I found another great way, so I hopefully be wearing these very soon…– will post pics then for sure! ;)

That's really annoying. I had someone ship a dress to me from Europe last week, and then yesterday I got a bill in the mail with a HUGE custom fee. 20%!!! I'm so mad and don't fully understand why the fee is so high. I wonder if I could negotiate...

UPDATE:

The weirdest thing happened.

UPS called me the other day and asked why I refused the shoes.
I told them I had no idea about this anti-dumping-custom fee.
They said ok.

They called again a few minutes later. And asked, if I would take the shoes without this fee. I said, strange question, but yeah, that was the original plan.

So they said: OK!

:nuts:

I was lik WTF?! But didn't ask any further. I guess it was more expensive for them to send them back or something. I don't know!

And today, they delivered the shoes, and I only had to pay the regular fees I knew about! :yahoo:

I will post pics later. Of course the shoes are beyond beautiful, and fit! Marc just does the best shoes. These boots are all I ever dreamed of, seriously! It's really hot outside but I don't care, I'm wearing my boots :greengrin:

Pics! :nuts:

IMG_1429.jpg

IMG_1430.jpg

IMG_1431.jpg

I just *love* the pyriamind heel
:love:
IMG_1432.jpg

IMG_1426.jpg

*dies*
:cloud9: