So Frustrated Trying to Buy Shoes!

pursecrzy

O.G.
Dec 16, 2007
Not sure if there's already a thread on this, if so, Mods please merge.

I went shoe shopping yesterday and found some pairs I'd like to try on.
They either didn't order my size (41 Chanel) or had sold out (CL).

I'm not a huge shoe customer but I do buy several pairs a year.

I was at a department store (Holts) that has concessions. Would I be better off going to the individual boutiques and establishing a relationship with an SA?

Have you tried other department stores? Saks, Nordstrom etc? I have a SA at holt though she doesn’t specifically work in shoes but if anything I let her know and she keeps an eye out and calls me when they get my size and style. Sounds like you are in Canada as so am I and there are few..... very few boutiques in my city so I do online as well as JC and CL, Gucci etc all sell online. I have very small feet so if by chance they don’t have my size I would order them online direct.

Holts has started ordering fewer and fewer size 41 shoes- I had a look at the current binder a couple weeks ago and saw that they had ordered only the most basic styles in size 41 across the whole country. I’ve told my SA I’m really disappointed by this and have done a lot more shopping online.

Have you tried other department stores? Saks, Nordstrom etc? I have a SA at holt though she doesn’t specifically work in shoes but if anything I let her know and she keeps an eye out and calls me when they get my size and style. Sounds like you are in Canada as so am I and there are few..... very few boutiques in my city so I do online as well as JC and CL, Gucci etc all sell online. I have very small feet so if by chance they don’t have my size I would order them online direct.

Holts has started ordering fewer and fewer size 41 shoes- I had a look at the current binder a couple weeks ago and saw that they had ordered only the most basic styles in size 41 across the whole country. I’ve told my SA I’m really disappointed by this and have done a lot more shopping online.

Thanks for letting me know.
I’m size 40 in Italian sizing and 41 in French.
The strange thing with Chanel is they didn’t order 41 but they had 42.
I’ll give the boutiques a try. They may order more sizes or would be willing to order for me.

The last time I ordered shoes online the wrong style was sent and it was a pain to exchange them (Saks). And they wouldn’t honour the promotion even though it was their mistake.

I have a large foot, 42, and i only order online. I will order from MatchesFashion or MyTheresa. Or directly from the designer, such as Gucci. I can never find my size in Canada, and I'm sure if i did the selection would be AWFUL.