so excited! my new monster

JSH812

horses&hounds
Jan 23, 2008
I posted in the SUV recommendation poll that DH and I were getting a new Chevy Tahoe, thanks to the GM Employee discount and all that jazz.

Well, for less than the price of a baseline Tahoe, we ended up getting a KILLER deal on a FULLY loaded 2008 GMC Yukon. :nuts: (If I told you the deal, there's no way you would believe me) This thing is beautiful. Greystone Metallic, Navigation, Parking Assist camera, DVD, Black Leather interior.....I could go on and on. I'm so pumped.

For the first college football game yesterday we were able to haul SO much stuff and get there in style :wlae:

I'm in love. I thought my Jeep Grand Cherokee limited was awesome, but I had no idea how awesome SUV's could be....

And it handles like a dream too!

Congrats! Our Tahoe is on 04 but I love it. They are the best vehicles on the road IMO. Hopefully ours lasts a while longer, but when it's time to get a new car, it'll be another Tahoe. The new body style is sooo gorgeous. Enjoy!

Congrats, glad to hear you love it!

Your upgrades sounds just like my Denali, but I have had a ton of issues w/ mine. I hope your's is problem-free!

Enjoy it!:tup:

:nuts: (If I told you the deal, there's no way you would believe me)

CONGRATS on the new car!!!! How exciting!! And I would totally believe the deal you got because they are GIVING these things away right now. It's a great time to buy a huge SUV if you can afford the gas. The deals I've been seeing leave me looking like this :wtf:

CONGRATS!! please share what kind of deal did you get?? something around $35000 maybe? i know i could get an envoy denali for $25000 which was $17000 off msrp so i know thye are giving them away

kattykay - the deal was even lower than that... by several thousand! :graucho:

I went with it because I HAVE to have an SUV, and I HAVE to have a v8 - gas mileage can't be a concern, so gas prices were left out of this equation.

DH said he was totally impressed with my negotiating skills (but I'm in sales...hehe) because at both dealerships I said exactly what I wanted, down to the color of the door handles :supacool:and they found it. Because I had done my research, I knew exactly where other cars were located that I could go and buy if one dealer didn't want to make a deal with me.

DH claims he said five words between both dealerships!

I seriously recommend these vehicles (Yukon,or Tahoe...) to anyone right now - and NOW IS THE TIME - basically, you name your price, and it'll be yours!

seriosly i might go to the gmc dealer tomorrow my jeep got smashed and there was extensive frame damage, my mom told me i should get a new one b/c one your cars been wrecked like that its never the same. they were able to fix it and it should be ready by thurs(they do speddy work!) but i hate my rental car. im usually good at neogotiating, i got my 2008 grand cherokee srt for $12000 off and they NEVER discount those. would you mind pm'ing me and telling me around what you paid so i have some idea what the going rate it. i understand if you dont want to.

we talked them down on my GMC Yukon Denali last Oct by $12k, it's fuly loaded, no features available that we didn't get. Don't know if that make a difference or not{?}