So excited but need reassurrances!!!! :)

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi lovely ladies,

It was my first week back at school (I teach sophomores American Literature) and I decided to spring for a bag that I couldn't get out of my head since proffashionista posted her picture....and I saw it IRL at my store yesterday for the first time. It's the 70th Anniversary Caroline bag in Vachetta leather, which is so buttery soft, I couldn't stop touching her. :P

Anyway, I was disappointed to find out that the sales clerk was the owner of the bag, and I'd have to order one if I wanted one for myself. Long story short, I thought about it all day and ordered one on the phone with my SA on my way home from work. My SA said there were only 50-something left in JAX and she was kind enough to waive the overnight fee -- so she'll be here on Saturday before 1 p.m.!!!!!!!! :roflmfao:

I feel slightly sick -- this is the second bag I've purchased at an $800 price point from Coach, and my credit card is screaming STOP!!! -- but I couldn't get the feel of that leather out of my mind. Plus a couple other lovelies on this site posted that they had purchased one, and of course I was enticed by all the pictures.

Do I deserve a congratulations? I think I need justification and affirmations from others....but then again, I think I'll be quite excited to open up the box when she arrives. (I've never ordered from JAX before.) :graucho:

Whaddya think???!! :sweatdrop:

2. I think you will be thrilled when you open that box and use that beautiful purse!

3. The Caroline is an awesome style. Luckily I'm going for the buffalo which isn't all that limited so I can hold out to order until the 12th, when the presale starts for PCE. So congrats!

4. Me personally I don't care for vachetta leather....won't it get dark like LV? I don't trust the tanning process :smile: I would get one of the other gorgeous Carolines.

5. i think that will be a classic leather bag to hold on to for several years if not all your years. and if this were the early 70's you could still use it to knock some sense into those sophmores :smile:
    you will be pleased come saturday!

6. I teach middle school - and all I have to say is you DESERVE that bag! :P Wear it and enjoy it!

7. Thank you, KatK! I appreciate it! :smile:

8. I love the buffalo, too!!! So hard to decide. ;) Thank you so much for the congrats!

9. Thank you, Nursie! You're sweet! :smile: (And your comment about the sophomores cracked me up :biggrin:)...Thanks for your comment!

10. Middle school! WOW! I don't know how you do it!!! Seriously, middle schoolers are a tough breed!!! Thank you so much for your kind words! :biggrin:

11. I don't know how you do it either. I live with one 8th grader, and although I love her to death and wouldn't trade her for the world, I sure would like to rent her out sometimes!!! lol

OP: You sound super excited about your new Caroline, have fun opening the box and enjoy her. You definitely deserve it!

12. Congrats & enjoy that beautiful bag!!! :cloud9:

13. You know what, my sales rep said I sounded like a little on Christmas morning when I talk about bags and I thought, you know, that is true, and for the amount I spend on bags, if that happens and I get that enjoyment, I figure, well, you work to live, and work to have fun, so this is money well spent in that case.

Enjoy the bag. Life is short and bags you truly love don't come that often.

14. If you teach sophomores American Lit- you NEED a treat once in a while! I think once it arrives- you will KNOW you made the right choice! Please enjoy!

15. The Caroline Vachetta is a gorgeous bag! I know you may feel sick at this present time but just think....you will be carrying this bag with a great big grin on your face!!!:biggrin: