SO emergency :-)) ! advice needed from tpf's fashion consultants !!

Folledesac

Sep 25, 2011
Hi guys, hope you are all doing fine ! I was offered yesterday to place an so while visiting my store (I had something like 15 min to spare before heading to school getting my kids !). So I made my choice in 5 minutes and now I have 2nd thoughts ... would love to get your imput !

This is what I ordered :
Blue electric kelly 32
togo leather
retourne
brushed matte palladium hardware

The SA suggested that I choose a different color for the interior such as gris mouette or etain, I hesitated and passed on it since I was afraid the bag would be too "complicated". Now some of my friends are telling me that I should call the SA back and get a different interior (because it's an so and it's a shame not to make it unique) but I really don't know.

each of my bag has a special meaning to me, I intend to keep them for a lifetime and pass they to my daughters someday, o I really want timeless pieces. That's one of the reason why I sticked to the 32 size (suits my frame better imo) when the SA suggested to get a 28 for a change (small bags are more fashionable these days but I know this is going to change eventually).

here is my collection :

birkin so black 35
birkin swift gold 30, palladium hardware
kelly 32 togo retourne rouge garance, permabrass hardware
kelly danse swift rouge h, palladium hardware
black box medor, palladium hardware
Bleu indigo swift jige

I'm confident with bleu électrique since I've been wating for the right blue since quite some years, I just question myself for the interior.

any suggestion is most welcome !

have all a very nice day !

Get the contrast lining only if you want it. In a Kelly, it is not obvious at all except to you the owner, so it's not going to be complicated. I personally think complicated is a tri-colour because the 3 choices have to be harmonious, even if they contrast. Anyway that option not offered now. Keep all the specs above, see if you can pop in again with more time to go through the lining options with your SA. Do you have another favourite colour? I think for your first SO and in a Kelly, you should go for it, IMHO. Congrats!

Get the contrast lining only if you want it. In a Kelly, it is not obvious at all except to you the owner, so it's not going to be complicated. I personally think complicated is a tri-colour because the 3 choices have to be harmonious, even if they contrast. Anyway that option not offered now. Keep all the specs above, see if you can pop in again with more time to go through the lining options with your SA. Do you have another favourite colour? I think for your first SO and in a Kelly, you should go for it, IMHO. Congrats!

Thank you so much for your reply ! I was thinking of getting a darker blue inside such as saphir but it is going to make things harder to find inside. If i was going to order a dark bag I would definitely choose a contrast interior with a pop color to brighten the interior. But in this case I don't know. That's why the sa suggested étain or mouette. Even my dh got in the game last night and said : "make it fun pick a bright color inside". He suggested orange which is NOT my thing at ALL [emoji15]. Did I mention he is NOT into fashion [emoji23].

I would definitely get different colored lining as another posted said, in a kelly it actually doesn't show as much. I just googled blue eletric with contrast interior and found it with etain which would get my vote for your kelly!

Reactions: designerloves
I just received a SO birkin, a Etoupe body with blue electric lining brushed ghw.
I wanted to try the other way but I though I can wear etoupe more often than BE.
And Grey & Blue goes really well :smile:
Little twist just makes little more special.
:girlsigh:

In my experience, first instincts are usually correct. I would stick with your original selection of single color 32.
Your collection (like mine) is safe colors, and you stated a preference for timeless pieces in both size and color. Blue Electric is unique enough on its own, IMO. If you feel you have to be talked into a contrast interior, it's probably not for you.

I think it would be fun to have another colour in the interior, but if you are not that keen on contrast colour. Maybe have a another shade of blue for the interior lining.

Thank you so much for your reply ! I was thinking of getting a darker blue inside such as saphir but it is going to make things harder to find inside. If i was going to order a dark bag I would definitely choose a contrast interior with a pop color to brighten the interior. But in this case I don't know. That's why the sa suggested étain or mouette. Even my dh got in the game last night and said : "make it fun pick a bright color inside". He suggested orange which is NOT my thing at ALL [emoji15]. Did I mention he is NOT into fashion [emoji23].

I like this idea (sapphire interior). It's an SO, so I agree with making it a little bit different. Not too drastic, but just a little, since you have the opportunity. Congratulations! BE is an awesome color and stunning in a Kelly.

Reactions: Nui
How fun! Congrats on getting offered an SO! It is really up to you. U seem hesitant about a pop of color on the inside so whatever feels right is probably what you should go with. Having said that, I too agree that a different color for the inside is not too complicated and would look stunning! Best of luck deciding

Thank you so much for all your answers ! Did i mention i'm nine months pregnant and about to déliver (have to be at the hospital tomorrow 8am ). So hormones are making things even harder ... all i know is that I'm passing this bag someday to the little girl I'm about to have [emoji3] since the 5 y old one is eyeing the garance kelly ( she is named garance and i got the kelly for that reason after her birth). But promise this one won't be called Electra [emoji23]

I agree with all the posters who've said a contrast lining doesn't show in a Kelly until it's wide open, so it's still a pretty classic choice of bag. BE is a fantastic choice of exterior (and hard to get in production). For interior, I would choose a grey also, or just a color you personally really love. Take a look at the Double Sens with graphite and BE and how pretty that is! You could also do Bleu Saphir (I ordered this as interior with a black exterior in last fall's SO and am excited about it) which in chevre will be fairly bright and harmonize nicely with the BE. Or, you could do black, which might be very cool.

If it is of any help, when my first SO was offered two years ago, I too wanted one forever bag that I thought would be the one Kelly I would have forever and pass down to my kids, and ordered a noir K32 Togo sellier with a Rouge H interior and brushed PHW. In the two years since I have learned that I like a *little* more adventure in my bag choices (and that this isn't my only Kelly haha far from it :P), so if anything I wish I'd done contrast stitch or something a touch more "special". So I think you may find yourself wishing you'd taken one more step of personalization and chosen a different lining.

SOs can make one very stressed, which is ironic as it's such a special privilege and a real first world problem! You have a baby almost here (CONGRATS)....so relax...you can't make a wrong choice either way :flowers:

As others mention, a contrast interior is only seen when you open a Kelly. I chose a pop color for my SO K. Gris Mouette or Etain would compliment BE. hope all goes well with your new arrival and that you enjoy the SO process.

Thank you so much for all your answers ! Did i mention i'm nine months pregnant and about to déliver (have to be at the hospital tomorrow 8am ). So hormones are making things even harder ... all i know is that I'm passing this bag someday to the little girl I'm about to have [emoji3] since the 5 y old one is eyeing the garance kelly ( she is named garance and i got the kelly for that reason after her birth). But promise this one won't be called Electra [emoji23]

Ooo congrats in advance on your second baby girl! I know everyone advised against a light lining but I want to add I have a Blue Electric Togo with Sakura lining. I was thinking that would be perfect to commemorate the birth of your daughter! Etain and Mouette are very good choices too. Best wishes!

Reactions: prepster