So embarrassed!!

Jul 18, 2011
So I am looking to buy the Empreinte Speedy 25 in Infini in the near future. I went to try them on at my local LV in Saks and they had 2 in stock. They looked good, but not great. So I called what I thought was the store to ask if they could locate any other bags for me to look at and make my final decision. It turns out it is a call center that takes the calls instead of going straight to the store. I asked if there was any they would be getting any new Empreinte in infini in the near future. He asked why and I explained that the 2 they had in store weren't exactly what I was looking for and I could see some of what I thought was glue on the top of one of the bags. He explained that they would only get another bag if one sold. He asked for my name and said he would contact me if they sold one and would be receiving another in infini.

Sooooo fast forward a few days and I receive a voice message from my local LV saks store asking why I wasn't satisfied with the 2 bags they have in store! I AM MORTIFIED!! :shocked: I called them back after a few minutes and explained that it wasn't that I was dissatisfied with their customer service or their bags but rather I was hoping to have more options to make sure I got the perfect bag. I explained that I saw what I thought was a little glue on top of the bag. I don't want to settle on a $3,000 handbag!! I could tell she was a little annoyed and I felt so embarrassed!!!

She ended up ordering one for me to look at in the Celeste color from another store. Has this ever happened to anyone else???!!! I am so embarrassed to go into the store in a few weeks. I don't want to seem high maintenance and now I regret making the phone call. UGH! :nogood:

So I am looking to buy the Empreinte Speedy 25 in Infini in the near future. I went to try them on at my local LV in Saks and they had 2 in stock. They looked good, but not great. So I called what I thought was the store to ask if they could locate any other bags for me to look at and make my final decision. It turns out it is a call center that takes the calls instead of going straight to the store. I asked if there was any they would be getting any new Empreinte in infini in the near future. He asked why and I explained that the 2 they had in store weren't exactly what I was looking for and I could see some of what I thought was glue on the top of one of the bags. He explained that they would only get another bag if one sold. He asked for my name and said he would contact me if they sold one and would be receiving another in infini.

Sooooo fast forward a few days and I receive a voice message from my local LV saks store asking why I wasn't satisfied with the 2 bags they have in store! I AM MORTIFIED!! :shocked: I called them back after a few minutes and explained that it wasn't that I was dissatisfied with their customer service or their bags but rather I was hoping to have more options to make sure I got the perfect bag. I explained that I saw what I thought was a little glue on top of the bag. I don't want to settle on a $3,000 handbag!! I could tell she was a little annoyed and I felt so embarrassed!!!

She ended up ordering one for me to look at in the Celeste color from another store. Has this ever happened to anyone else???!!! I am so embarrassed to go into the store in a few weeks. I don't want to seem high maintenance and now I regret making the phone call. UGH! :nogood:

Don't feel embarrassed! You are spending $3,000 on a purse. You want to make sure you are satified with it! I don't know why the SA would leave you a voicemail asking why you weren't satisfied with the bags, and being annoyed by it. Maybe thats just me. I don't think they would spend $3K on a bag with glue on it...

Don't sweat it :smile:

Honestly, I can't believe that Saks would call you and leave a message like that! That's just crazy! :cray: You have every right to continue to search for the perfect $3,000 handbag for goodness sake!

You hold your head high and continue to search for the perfect handbag that makes your heart sing.

Really, I just can't hardly believe this! :faint:

Don't feel embarrassed! You are spending $3,000 on a purse. You want to make sure you are satified with it! I don't know why the SA would leave you a voicemail asking why you weren't satisfied with the bags, and being annoyed by it. Maybe thats just me. I don't think they would spend $3K on a bag with glue on it...

Don't sweat it :smile:

Don't worry about it at all..surprised about the msg too... anyway tomorrow is a new day:smile:

Thanks Ladies! :smile:

Honestly, I can't believe that Saks would call you and leave a message like that! That's just crazy! :cray: You have every right to continue to search for the perfect $3,000 handbag for goodness sake!

You hold your head high and continue to search for the perfect handbag that makes your heart sing.

Really, I just can't hardly believe this! :faint:

Thank you!! I was beginning to feel like I was overreacting. Feeling better about the awkward incident now! Thanks for your encouragement. :biggrin:

What?!!! I cannot believe that they called you! You have nothing to be embarrassed about.... the SA that called should be embarrassed! They get so used to handling bags that they forget that these purchases mean something to most of us, whether it's a gift, a reward for an accomplishment, etc. We all get to spend our money the way we want to, there is nothing wrong with wanting to be satisfied.

Oh My! - Sorry there is no way in Hell I would put up with that! :bagslap: Tell them to call me, I will set them straight for you! :giggles: If I am going to drop $3K on a LV, you can be darn sure I Would Not buy one with glue on it! :hysteric: