SO dissatisfied. Please do NOT go to STONY POINT LV in Va. Read on for LONG story.

dissedx

Jul 13, 2010
I'm going to preface my story with the intro that I'm pretty sure this is my first post, because I am mostly a lurker (especially on this LV board.) Don't discredit what I'm going to tell you, just because it is my first post. Also, this is LONG but you must get the entire story to understand HOW incredibly upset I am with a luxury brand.

The STONY POINT LV story in Richmond, VA has the worst service I have ever experienced in my entire life. Before anyone tells me to call the customer service hotline, I already have.

My mother (who is Asian and has a noticeably thick accent) has made about 5 purchases in the past 2 months. She has never returned a bag, but has made exchanges in the past, one for herself and one recently, as in today, for me. I really wanted a large tote bag for school and my mother knew I like the damier azur print so went in search of the Neverfull. They were sold out, even online, of the MM that I wanted, so my mother purchased the PM instead. In my personal taste, I don't do small bags, so when I received it in the mail I immediately sent it back to my mother. My mother tried to return the bag until the MM would be in stock, however it was a day past the 14 day policy by a day. That's completely fine. HOWEVER, my mom called me from the store upset because of how she was being treated, so I told her to put the saleswoman on the line. The SA told me that there was a worldwide shortage, understandably, and that all she could do for me was to put me on a list for the bag I wanted. But if it didn't come in before the 30 day period then I would be stuck with the PM I did not want. She even told me she could almost guarantee no bags would come in time. Later at a DIFFERENT store, I find out I could have gotten a gift certificate to use for when the MM DID come back in stock, whenever that is. My mother told me that this wasn't the first time she was treated disrespectfully (this woman apparently did not help my mother until she approached the SA...and rolled her eyes at my mother.) I had not experienced it in a face to face situation, however, until this weekend.

I come to visit for the weekend from DC and go to the store with my mother and the PM to try and see what other options I had before the 30 day grace period was over (since I didn't know about the gift certificate option at this point.) ALICE the store MANAGER, mind you, ignores us and so does the only other coworker in there. Me, being forward, ask if there's anything in the damier azur out besides what was on display. She replied what was shown was all that was in stock. They then both helped other customers personally when they walked in about ten minutes later, all of whom did not purchase bags but were noticeably all caucasian. When I was looking at a murakami speedy, I had to approach HER to ask a question even though no one was even in the store at the time. This was after about ten minutes of looking at the bag. We were about to leave because I did not see anything I liked until KENDALL, who is amazing by the way, comes out and gives me the best service possible. He tells me that they indeed have other things out that are not on display, including a damier azur Totally bag, which I ended up purchasing. So both the manager and the other coworker LIED to us. (What kind of manager doesn't know her own store to know what is in stock...)

My mother then comes home and shows me the bags she has bought from LV recently. All of them are kept in the dustbag in her closet (only one of which she has actually WORN.) She asks me her opinion on one bag and I tell her to go exchange it for the one she really liked in the store because when we saw it (a damier ebene) she fell in LOVE with it. She had bought this bag on OCTOBER 21st meaning she still had time to exchange it. She went again to the store and called me upset because ALICE refused to let her exchange it (for an even more expensive bag, btw, not sure if that matters.) She said that it was used because when my mother bought it she placed her LV wallet in it to see if it would fit (it is pretty large.) And because she witnessed this in the store, that she could NOT exchange it. Kendall was there and tried to defend my mother saying the bag was brand new because it IS.

I call the customer service hotline to complain and Anthony treated me very well. He ended up calling the store, speaking to Alice and calling me back. According to Alice, he said, the store was so busy she had to manage the floor and couldn't pay any attention to us. That is a lie. There was one other coworker and the two of them were conversing when my mom and I were looking at bags by ourselves even when we were the only ones in the store. Anthony tells me that even putting a wallet in it wouldn't give any signs of distress or wear, especially if it was done in the store, just to see if the wallet would fit.

She also said that she inspected the bag and there were "marks" that were verified by another associate...pretty sure it was the same woman that also ignored my mother and I because this all happened in the same day, about an hour after I bought my Totally. Alice also said more than one employee saw my mother walk out using the bag. All of that are LIES. My mother came in with her OWN purse and left with the LV in a bag. The bag also had never been used and I even looked at it myself to make sure no one would give her a hard time. There are NO marks! Inside or out. Alice is covering her A$$ and unfortunately has a minion to support her every lie. Alice also said that my mother has a history of returning bags (lie). This is the same woman who when my mother was asking advice on which bag to get, told her she "just needed to hurry up and make up her MIND."

So now, my mother has a brand new LV bag that has never been worn and she does not want but cannot exchange for the bag she really loves. So what if my mom COLLECTS these luxury bags? She honestly has 5 of them sitting in the beige dustcloths in her closet, never worn!!!! She just likes the feeling of luxury and would rather carry her Coach bags in fear of ruining such expensive handbags like the LVs. That is NOT a crime!

NEVER AGAIN will my mother and I go to this store. TERRIBLE service besides Kendall, who is a sweet heart and more than willing to make sure the customer is satisfied. :mad:

A little update. Seems after some researching (as in the past five minutes just reading the newest topics on here), Asian customers may be seen as buying bags to counterfeit them? So now I'm thinking my mother's purchases of five bags in a short amount of time may be interpreted as sketchy, but my mother isn't doing that!

She is a registered nurse who worked overtime and night shifts (for the extra money) for the past few months to save up money to fulfill her dream of owning LV purses. Usually she buys Coach because it wouldn't be a devastating loss of money if the bag were stolen and/or ruined. My mother even worked hard enough to buy ME, her daughter, a bag as my birthday gift! I am just trying to warn you out that this store and manager offers TERRIBLE service.

Wow I would be infuriated by that kind of treatment! Sorry this happened to you...I think you should try to talk to a different SA or the store manager to sort this out. Whether your mother has a history of returning bags or not, they shouldn't persecute your mother for exercising her right to return/exchange bags...why would they even implement these return/exchange policies if the actual act of returning/exchanging is being treated like a criminal act? I've had a number of times where I had to exchange bags because I was dissatisfied with them and they do exchange them with no worries but if my record of exchanging bags will be used against me in future purchases and exchanges, then I'm going to give them a piece of my mind LOL.

Maybe you could try bringing the bag to a different boutique if you have another one in your area? Usually the SAs in other stores are friendlier compared to the stores you usually frequent.

Hope this gets all sorted out! Good luck!

Rudeness, blatant discrimination and condescending behavior are totally not acceptable. Everyone deserves respect and fair treatment. I am sorry that your mother had to go through this ignominious acts of other people. She definitely earned the right to get what she wants. Stereotyping her is sad but can still be pervasive in this society. Although I have not experienced bad customer service in LV Boston, Florida and NYC, I vicariously feel your anger, especially if the matter involves our mother who, at this point in their lives, deserve the finer things in life.

I will second Disco's advice. Perhaps you can bring her bag to another store to have it exchanged for what she would actually enjoy. Good luck and I hope your mother will get her bag soon.:flowers:

Last edited:
Agree with both ladies ... go to do it in another one near u. Hope things work out... Sorry for you..... not a good experience... I'm very protective toward my family and friends too...

Thanks so much for the kind words, ladies. I know the story was long but this is so ridiculous.

The thing is...Alice IS THE STORE MANAGER! I even checked the bag again today...it is perfectly brand new. SIGH. I'm going back home to DC and I'm going to try Tyson's Corner. I heard that the SAs there are MUCH nicer.

Sorry this happened to you... it happens every where whenever employees/customers aren't monitored.

This takes a little more effort but would you be able to go in with a friend next time and/or only deal with the nice SA? It's really sad it comes down to this but some days I'm just not up to having to deal with others' ignorance and having strength in numbers help.

When I'm with my dh (incidentally caucasian), I get pretty smooth service. I think it's the interest towards a couple shopping together, or there's a man present, whatever. I know, stupid, but I notice the change in attitude more times than not when I'm alone.

So, so sorry that you and your mother received this kind of treatment - it's unacceptable no matter what store you're in. I agree that (if you have the option) you should go somewhere else until you find a lovely SA. You also might call LV CS and let them know that that store will no longer receive that business of you or your mother due to the way you were treated by the store manager.

Thanks for posting this. I hope someone who knows Alice sees this and she turns her act around.. Although I don't live anywhere near you, I would avoid that store (except Kendall sounds great).

This is my home LV, and where I've made most of my in-store purchases. Luckily, I moved before all of my girls stopped working at the store, so I don't have to deal with the rude SAs there anymore. I've had experience with Alice before, and she's definitely rude and doesn't even attempt to talk to anyone. I understand what you're talking about because I've seen her in "action" before.

I'm sorry you and your mother have had such bad experiences there. I used to love going in the store because I would talk with my girls and look at bags and have a good time. Then when two of them left, the third one was glad she was having a baby in a few months because she knew she would be leaving. She also was glad that I would be moving so I didn't have to deal with the SAs who were left, because she knew they were rude and not very nice.

OMG I DESPISE this store!!! their SA's are totally unknowledgeable, the last time I was there a few months ago they tried to tell me that the trevi was the newest damier bag??!!??? they totally botched my heatstamp'ing job & when i asked the mngr to call me back sadly i too spk w/ Alice who told me "it was one of the best heatstamping jobs she has ever seen" and "i could take it to another LV & they would say the same." the paint was not in the lines & it was an awful disgrace IMHO. I informed her that as both she & I were aware the closest LV was in Tysons and I was in no mood to do a heatstamp roadshow all over the DMV to prove my point.

after that last visit i swore never to buy again from that store but they will definitely get all my returns :P

Lets all ban together & not buy from that store. I mean really, they rarely get any of the new/limited edition bags & unless you are going to get something basic like a speedy or keepall its doubtful they have it. I rather wait until I'm in the DMV to purchase in store or do a charge send from another store.

So sorry this happened to your mother OP. They truly suck in Richmond

The funny thing is, this store is usually dead. There's a lot of old money in Richmond, and new money as well, so there are plenty of people who can afford to buy from LV, but there are usually only a few people in the store at a time. They were even going to change their store hours a while ago (they may have done it but I haven't been back in a while) because people weren't coming in before a certain time, and weren't coming in after a certain time. Since all of my SAs are gone I don't even visit the store anymore when I'm home.

They do get limited items there, and they also have bags there when no one else does because they're sold out, which is the one thing I like. Because of the low traffic they tend to have some bags longer than bigger stores. I remember they had a Rose Pop Alma for a while, way after it was sold out.