So disappointed.

lightdays

O.G.
Feb 18, 2009
A jacket I've wanted has alterations on it when I received it. Seller didn't disclose this information at all and I have specifically asked her if it's been altered and she said no. It clearly has been altered. I saw the seems taken out and the hem was hemmed differently than how the jacket was originally made. I am scared eBay will be in favor of the seller.

If you have the email exchanges between you and the seller, you should be ok.
At least start your SNAD process going.

If you have the email exchanges between you and the seller, you should be ok.
At least start your SNAD process going.

I tried to on eBay, but it won't let me because I did it through Bill Me Later. I called Bill Me Later and they're closed. Sigh... is there a number for eBay?

Also I'm concerned because I've filed a SNAD on eBay and before and eBay sided with the seller. I'm really worried now. The jacket clearly HAS been altered. I've taken pictures of it too.

I tried to on eBay, but it won't let me because I did it through Bill Me Later. I called Bill Me Later and they're closed. Sigh... is there a number for eBay?

Also I'm concerned because I've filed a SNAD on eBay and before and eBay sided with the seller. I'm really worried now. The jacket clearly HAS been altered. I've taken pictures of it too.

Are you kidding me? Doesn't ebay own Bill Me Later? Is this another way for ebay to hose their users?

Are you kidding me? Doesn't ebay own Bill Me Later? Is this another way for ebay to hose their users?

Yeah I found eBay's number and I called them, they said they can't open it for me so I have to do it through PayPal so I did it through PayPal. I'll be mad if I can't get my money back! They opened the dispute for me though. I'm literally panicking right now. What if they side with the seller? Then what? I'm SoL?

Yeah I found eBay's number and I called them, they said they can't open it for me so I have to do it through PayPal so I did it through PayPal. I'll be mad if I can't get my money back! They opened the dispute for me though. I'm literally panicking right now. What if they side with the seller? Then what? I'm SoL?

Since you're the buyer and the jacket's been altered, and you were lied to about that fact, you should be ok.
Think positively!

Thanks. It's a little hard because I've opened a dispute before on eBay and they sided with the seller. That is hard to help me be positive.

hmm, what happened in that dispute? That's pretty unusual. I have a feeling that your current case should go in your favor, though--alterations are usually pretty obvious, and this falls completely under the jurisdiction of SNAD.

hmm, what happened in that dispute? That's pretty unusual. I have a feeling that your current case should go in your favor, though--alterations are usually pretty obvious, and this falls completely under the jurisdiction of SNAD.

She didn't even show pictures of the alterations on her listing nor did she state that it's been altered. I specifically asked her if it's been altered and she said no. :tdown: Not to mention there are a few snags from the seams taken out too. I'll tell you about the other dispute in a PM if you want.

file your snad... hope that all your communications have been through ebay's system..

and if not, start e-mailing her again with your questions & her responses..

just to confirm an earlier e-mail that jacket does have alterations and

you told me it wasn't altered... that kind of dialogue....