SO disappointed with LV San Fran

Lulu1980

Jul 7, 2010
Earlier today, I decided that I will buy my very first LV brand new. So I went to LV boutique in Stockton St. in San Francisco. After I enter the store, it took a good 5-10 minutes of standing and admiring the much desired Trevi PM before someone helped me, and only after I approached her. She was initially helpful but not friendly by any means. After I tried on the Trevi and the Verona, I felt like neither suit me, so I asked for the simpler Speedy 25. This is when she started getting irritated and stated that the 25 is too small for me. I had to ask her again if I could see it (as none was displayed) before she took one out from the drawer and she did not even completely unfold it as she repeated that it is too small. I tried to keep my cool and walked to the monogram and epi display area. The SA there did not say hi or offer if she could help me but when a couple came, she immediately approached them and asked if they needed help. I saw an epi that was unfamiliar to me and was displayed on a high shelf so I approached her and asked what kind that was (as I pointed to the item). She mumbled something and walked away so I asked again as I followed her. I still could not make out her answer and she walked further from me. She never even asked me if I wanted to see it. This is when I decided to hell with this boutique. What TERRIBLE customer service!!! Might I add that I was dressed appropriately in a designer suit because I just came from a job interview and I know that I do not have body odor or bad breath, but the way I was treated here seemed like I was a leper.

Is this the same with all LV boutiques? San Francisco is the closest to me and I was willing to pay full price plus a steep 9.5% sales tax, but if I get treated this way, maybe I will settle for a pre-loved bag I can buy online (after tPF authentication, of course).

Lv-nowwhat

drive LV
O.G.
Jul 9, 2008
It does not matter what you wear. I have worn a t and flip flops and have been treated much better. I do not own any suits let alone designer and I wish someone would......
No they all do not act that way. But it was good that you got to try on bags and see what interested you. If you want a new one and know what you want my SA can send it to you.

Otherwise I would speak to a manager there over the phone and let her know. Take care.

NO ONE BE SCARED TO WALK INTO AN LV> THEY ARE SALESPEOPLE NO BETTER OR WORSE THAN YOU.

mello_yello_jen

Designated Shopaholic
O.G.
Jan 2, 2006
Lulu, you should definitely speak to a manager over there over the phone and if you're not satisfied with the manager's solution to the problem, call corporate. I agree with the above poster that what you wear does not and should not matter.

You should try the LV boutique inside Bloomingdale's, the manager over there (Sophie? Sophia?) is super duper sweet! There's always the one in NM as well.

Emily L

Jul 14, 2010
Ugh, this kind of thing is so frustrating to me! LV owes it to their customers to make sure they have friendly, helpful and knowledgeable SA. I really don't think this kind of behavior should be tolerated. I am the kind of person that will say something for ask for a manager. Regardless of what you are wearing the SA's should not presume that you have or don't have money. So irritating!

csshopper

O.G.
Jul 26, 2008
I've actually had a SA say that customers, especially tpf members, DO know more about upcoming releases and bag details. What bugs me about that attitude, however, is that with a little initiative they too could be well informed.

iamsmilin

Sweetness
Sep 24, 2008
The SF boutique is horrible. They are really never friendly. The SAs at the the bloomingdales are better, but some are still snotty. When I went the SA was nice but my husband had one who had an attitude. I would try that boutique.

I don't know how far you are from Palo Alto, but the Stanford boutique is great. The SAs tend to be very friendly.

BalLVLover

Hermes lover now!
O.G.
Apr 30, 2010
I always find I seem to know way more about the products than the SA's, most of the time they don't even know the prices without looking them up. I have even been overcharged (TWICE) and had to correct their error for them. Just be persistent, don't be intimidated by a SA and tell them what you want to see. If all else fails ask for a manager.

ducky112

I heart the bean
O.G.
Mar 21, 2007
I had a similar experience at the same LV store in San Francisco! My boyfriend and I were so upset we went across the street to the LV store inside Neiman Marcus instead. What a world of difference. The SA there was amazing. But yah, I totally know how you feel about that particular store!

r.b_boi

Jul 17, 2010
It does not matter what you wear. I have worn a t and flip flops and have been treated much better. I do not own any suits let alone designer and I wish someone would......
No they all do not act that way. But it was good that you got to try on bags and see what interested you. If you want a new one and know what you want my SA can send it to you.

Otherwise I would speak to a manager there over the phone and let her know. Take care.

NO ONE BE SCARED TO WALK INTO AN LV> THEY ARE SALESPEOPLE NO BETTER OR WORSE THAN YOU.

i don't feel like retelling my story, but if you do a search for threads i've started you can find it.

however, i will say i totally agree with lv-nowwhat, not ALL sa's are rude, some are extremely helpful...i've found the ones at the saks in atlanta are VERY friendly, and are usually significantly busier than the boutique across the street (despite having a considerably smaller selection). I would recommend speaking with a manager about the situation, if you are unsatisfied by all means call corporate. its called CUSTOMER service for a reason...too bad we all don not have the power of oprah to publicly announce mistreatments at establishments.