So disappointed, please help :(

Deedaa

Nov 8, 2007
I've been anxiously awaiting the arrival of my new Pourpre city from ******, and it finally arrived today.

I should preface by saying I already own a Pourpre RH PT, but the PT style just doesn't work well on me so I jumped at the chance to pick up a brand new RH City as I love this colour so much. When I bought the bag I specified "great colour, some gloss, not too smooth". I'm not very picky about a particular type of leather because I love variety and personality in my Bbags.

Anyway, I was so excited when this bg arrived that I even started taking photos to do a reveal. When I pulled the bag out of the dust cover the front looked ok, but then I turned it over to look at the back...

This is not the kind of leather I was expecting from the photos, and I haven't seen any Pourpre bags that look like this. The leather is heavily distressed and veiny. The colour is gorgeous and deep and I love the gloss finish but the bag is just covered in veins.

When I look at the bag and think "wow, fake crocodile skin". I just can't carry it because I can't get past how reptilian it looks.

So my question, what would you do? I can return to bag and lose 15% in restocking fees (and international postage is no picnic), or I can try and sell it myself, but I think resale on a bag like this might not go so well.

I'm just devestated, I really wanted a city in this colour and it hasn't turned out the way I had hoped. I know everyone likes different types of leather, but unfortunately this one is just not for me.

Attachments

• P3150009.JPG
    P3150009.JPG
    116.3 KB · Views: 851
  • P3150008.JPG
    P3150008.JPG
    129.1 KB · Views: 443
  • P3150007.JPG
    P3150007.JPG
    108.9 KB · Views: 366
Last edited:
I am sorry to hear that you are disappointed :sad:

It is always difficult to buy bags unseen...

Your bag seems to have that thick distressed leather (like 07 characteristic)

Noted that you are in Sydney - my thought: (mainly due to our location, shipping it back will be quite costly)
keep it for few days and see how you feel about it (it might grow in you).

I had the same experience like you when I received my tomato city from E (I attached pic for you)...although the leather is so thick and chewy as well as distressed, I was not happy! Your bag seems to also have the shine that I love whilst my Tomato is just matt..
However after a while, I learnt to love it and it's been the best leathered bag I have ever owned ^^

If you still dislike the bag, you have to weight in whether returning it back will be more advantageous than trying to sell it yourself..

Good luck!

Your bag is really beautiful IMO :smile:
http://forum.purseblog.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1048948&stc=1&d=1268641510

Attachments

• 07 tomato.JPG
    07 tomato.JPG
    192.4 KB · Views: 317
Hmmm... I think you should be more careful when you specify instructions or preferences cos sometimes, what you are expecting or thinking may not be what others are thinking. When you mentioned "not too smooth", it may have been why E gave you this distressed bag? Cos in the bbag world, (not that I'm an expert or anything) that might have meant "distressed". And it is not "reptilian" but more "veiny". I have an Officier which is veiny like your pourpre city and it looks just fine. Very rugged. So if you want to sell it on your own, I think you might be surprised to find that someone else might like it for it's distressed, veiny characteristic!

Good luck! :smile:

Sorry that it didn't work out for you.

Personally, I would try to resell. Because to me, the back is amaaazingly beautiful!!! People have different strokes so you'll have a good chance of finding someone who would like your bag. Paypal fees beat 15% restocking fee and maybe you can find someone locally too and save on shipping costs.

attachment.php
i personally love this kind of leather!!as aki told you it looks like a 07 chèvre and it is nicely distressed IMO..btw if you don't love it now i doubt you willl love it in the future,so return it!

you specified "not too smooth" ,this means "distressed " to me and it is just like the bag you received

aki_sato, thanks for your kind words. You bag looks gorgeous. I love the fact that your distressing doesn't seem the alter the colour so much. On mine, the veins are lighter than the rest of the bag. This is probably what bothers me the most. The leather on my bag is not that thick and puffy unfortunately, though it looks a bit like that in the photos.

mmmoon, thanks for your advice. I understand we all interperet leather descriptions differently and I don't blame Erica for me not liking this bag at all. As I mentioned I'm not really fussy about leather, I've owned quite a few Bbags and this is the first one I've just not loved right away.

I know that others love very distressed bags, and in fact I do too, but the veins on this one are a lighter colour which I think is why it bothers me. Also because of how dense the veiny-ness is it almost looks like a delierate pattern. I don't mean "reptilian" to be a general insult to veiny bags at all - when I look at myself carrying it in the mirror it geniunely looks like a croco bag which isn't very "me".

So sorry it's not what you wanted!
I got my sienna RH City from 07 and it looks just like that, in fact I commented on it looking like an exotic skin. I have been so in love with the bag and gotten so many compliments on it. I returned an Amethyst City that was too smooth for one that looks like that.
I guess it's all about preference and expectation. I would never want a perfectly smooth Bal.
YOu definitely will be able to sell it , but try it for a few days and see if you don't change your mind.
Good Luck:smile:

i'm sorry that it's not working out for you (so far)
Agree with the ladies that you should keep it awhile to see if it grows on you... (though from my experience it seldom grows into true love). You would definitely be able to sell it as some people love that kind of distressing!

For the price you pay you should open the box and squeal happily at what you see!

Hi deedaa! I'm from Sydney too, and waiting on a Raisin RH PT from Erica, its my first B Bag so I had no specifications about the leather. Hoping I will love it as I have never seen a BBag up close irl before. Otherwise, we could save on postage and mail our bags back together. :smile:

So sorry to hear that you do not like your new bag. Personally, I love the leather and would be very happy about it! But as you say, we like different stuff.

I would keep it for a few days to see if it will grow on you, but if you still feel the same way I would sell it. I think this bag probably will be easy to sell. I know that many people love Pourpre, the City is a classic style and I'm sure a lot of people will like the leather!

sorry that i could not offer much advice & help... after reading this i feel very nervous as my loot fr E has arrived at my home few hours back but i'm at work now and have not seen it.

i personally do not like very distressed leather too, but yours has a nice sheen, it's pretty lovely actually...

Thanks everyone for your comments. I feel like a total brat complaining about the bag. I also hope you understand that I'm not criticising anyone elses leather preferences - for me it was just about my initial reaction when I pulled this one out of the dust cover.

I should say that I really love the front of this bag, it has the perfect amount of distressing and the colour is even. The back of the bag is what I don't like as the veins are a lighter colour, it doesn't show so well in the photos.

Also, I want to add that Erica is wonderful and I will always buy from her, this is my fault for not asking for photos of my specific bag.

sorry that i could not offer much advice & help... after reading this i feel very nervous as my loot fr E has arrived at my home few hours back but i'm at work now and have not seen it.

i personally do not like very distressed leather too, but yours has a nice sheen, it's pretty lovely actually...

I'm sure you have nothing to worry about, it seems that heavily distressed bags are in the minority and I bet yours will be lovely.

Thats the killer with this bag, amazing colour and shine. Who knows, if I sit on it for a few days it might just grow on me...

Sorry to hear that you're disappointed. Though personally, I LOVE YOUR BAG!

But as the other ladies have mentioned, you should keep it for a while and see if it grows on you. Otherwise, I think it's probably easier if you try to sell it and at least break even, rather than returning it and incurring a loss.

I was quite disappointed with my Sang RH City when the parcel was delivered to my office. Thought about returning it too. But when I got home, took it out and stared at it again, I fell in love with it.

As you can see from the comments, a number of us love your bag, that means it should be easy to sell it.