So disappointed new Selma

mich206

Jan 2, 2008
Hi
Brought a Selma from Harrods yesterday. SA brought out 3 which all had some kind of fault with them. This one looked ok, but after getting into natural light today on way to work noticed this crease!
Means a 2 hour journey to get refund! ImageUploadedByPurseForum1401305209.635873.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1401305238.557109.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1401305255.907776.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1401305303.690641.jpg

I've got two other Selma messengers and neither of these has this , can only presume it's a fault in leather?

Hi
Brought a Selma from Harrods yesterday. SA brought out 3 which all had some kind of fault with them. This one looked ok, but after getting into natural light today on way to work noticed this crease!
Means a 2 hour journey to get refund! View attachment 2632743View attachment 2632744View attachment 2632745View attachment 2632746

I've got two other Selma messengers and neither of these has this , can only presume it's a fault in leather?

I don't think it's a defective leather. It probably got damaged in shipping to the store. Sometimes they don't package these handbags for shipment well at all.

Hi
Means a 2 hour journey to get refund! View attachment 2632743View attachment 2632744View attachment 2632745View attachment 2632746

I'm not sure if you're supposed to do this, but I've had success in getting dimples, small dents and creases out of my saffiano bags by stuffing them with towels and/ or tissue paper and using a blow dryer to warm the leather (inside the bag and outside) and using my fingers to gently smooth the leather to eliminate those problems. I've done it on two bags...very carefully, and you can't tell where the problems were. Just don't get the dryer too close and kind of wave it over the area while trying to soften the problem until it disappears, smoothing it as you go. Like I said, I don't know if you should do this or not, but I haven't noticed ANY problems with the leather after I've done this.

I'm not sure if you're supposed to do this, but I've had success in getting dimples, small dents and creases out of my saffiano bags by stuffing them with towels and/ or tissue paper and using a blow dryer to warm the leather (inside the bag and outside) and using my fingers to gently smooth the leather to eliminate those problems. I've done it on two bags...very carefully, and you can't tell where the problems were. Just don't get the dryer too close and kind of wave it over the area while trying to soften the problem until it disappears, smoothing it as you go. Like I said, I don't know if you should do this or not, but I haven't noticed ANY problems with the leather after I've done this.
Thank you for the suggestion live it up, I did try it but it hasn't worked.
Will be returning bag tomorrow see if they will give me an exchange !