So disappointed! Has anyone had defective snap buttons too?

Lavidacolor

Collector of things shiny and beautiful
O.G.
Sep 2, 2007
I finally decided to start using my new Blooms card case. I put all my stuff inside and close up the case, only to have the case keep popping open! It won't stay shut :sad: I've had cheaper Coach, Kate spade wallets stuffed to the brim and this has never happened to me.

So I'm disappointed the first time it happens is with a Gucci wallet!

Anyone had this happen? What do you suggest I do? I am tempted to fix it myself but not sure if it'll be easy.
I tried emailing the Gucci repairs, we will see if they get back to me. I'm hoping since I bought it directly from a Gucci boutique, they can help me out.

update...I fixed it myself! :biggrin: I'm pretty proud of myself, lol. And happy that I can now use my wallet without problem!

If anyone is interested I can detail how I fixed it...in case this may happen to someone else. But please do be very careful not to scratch your stuff! If you dare attempt...

First, take the female end of the snap button (the part w/ the hole), and take a look inside, you'll see two "prongs" that you can adjust. Take the tip of an x-acto knife, mini screwdriver, or something similar with a very slim edge that can fit between the prong and the edge of the snap, and gently apply pressure to bend the prong inwards. Be careful to slide the knife right in between so as not to scratch up the surrounding metal. Repeat w/ the other prong.

Once the prong is bent slightly, test the snap to see if it's tight enough. Better to make it too loose first and tighten more if needed. Alternatively, you can try gently hammering the male end (pointy side) to flatten the head a little bit to make it fit more snugly in the hole part. I would suggest wrapping the hammer with a cloth or napkin or something to avoid scratching the metal.

Hope this helps someone out who is bold enough to attempt a repair :smile:

I tried to take a photo where you can see the prongs but my macro settings are not great!

Attachments

• E71E5354-B2B4-452B-99AE-734E7520E576.jpeg
    E71E5354-B2B4-452B-99AE-734E7520E576.jpeg
    105.4 KB · Views: 291