So disappointed- Celine Mini Belt Bag

Jun 5, 2011
Hi there-

i recently ordered a mini belt bag in light taupe off of Céline’s website.

Due to some very noticeable stitching holes CS and I decided to swap it to a Mini in grey.

The bag arrived and...

1st disappointment: they sent me another bag in light taupe.

2nd: w/o any protectors at all. Even the small envelop w/certification in it looked already used.

After further inspection I found several other points which occur weird to me. I mean: yes, the bag will get wear and tear. But still it is a brand new bag for me - I want it in perfect condition. I don’t even include everything in the pics since there are several tiny scratches throughout the hardware.
I even found a big scratch in the back pocket....

What’s your opinion on this?

5CD26409-E85E-4A32-9095-D2DE6CFAFC0F.jpeg4AD58EC2-A514-47AD-9C90-7282DF0994FC.jpeg64D5E520-1EF8-4087-A04A-75620C8F8C4E.jpeg6FE80FC1-2348-4748-942F-547FDE0B0388.jpeg2A97EC36-05C0-4235-B864-E68BCDFDCE85.jpeg
**EDIT due to double pics

Last edited:
Hi there-

Due to some very noticeable stitching holes CS and I decided to swap it to a Mini in grey.

The bag arrived and...

2nd: w/o any protectors at all. Even the small envelop w/certification in it looked already used.

After further inspection I found several other points which occur weird to me. I mean: yes, the bag will get wear and tear. But still it is a brand new bag for me - I want it in perfect condition. I don’t even include everything in the pics since there are several tiny scratches throughout the hardware.

What’s your opinion on this?View attachment 5039758View attachment 5039759View attachment 5039760View attachment 5039761View attachment 5039762View attachment 5039758View attachment 5039759View attachment 5039760View attachment 5039761View attachment 5039762
Sorry that happened. That bag is totally unaceptable for a new Bag. I would contact customer service .

Reactions: Sterntalerli
Sorry that happened. That bag is totally unaceptable for a new Bag. I would contact customer service .
Thanks I already sent them the pictures and am eager what there response will be. Will keep you updated.

I am really sad about this incident since I wanted this bag for several years and finally placed the order. Specifically at Celine bc I though that will safe me from any trouble :'(

Thanks I already sent them the pictures and am eager what there response will be. Will keep you updated.

I am really sad about this incident since I wanted this bag for several years and finally placed the order. Specifically at Celine bc I though that will safe me from any trouble :'(
That makes it doubly bad. Just stay onto them until they send you the one you want!

Update: They offered me that I could return it.

I am highly disappointed by this incident. Thanks for listening to my rant :smile:

Of course they'd let you return it. But yeh, what a shame. I have wondered if the move to the new CELINE was rushed a bit and caused these issues. It's almost certain that the brands check these forums (and of course know about this issue now) so they will be aware and won't appreciate the factory's work here.

Hopefully it improves. Wait until stores are open again and try to find your bag in person and go over it every inch. If you see the same again, then wait it out for another season.

Of course they'd let you return it. But yeh, what a shame. I have wondered if the move to the new CELINE was rushed a bit and caused these issues. It's almost certain that the brands check these forums (and of course know about this issue now) so they will be aware and won't appreciate the factory's work here.

Hopefully it improves. Wait until stores are open again and try to find your bag in person and go over it every inch. If you see the same again, then wait it out for another season.
Tbh: I hope they check these kinda sites. They should be aware that consumers get frustrated by those things and that kind of manner...

I won't purchase this bag in the near future. Somehow my love just got killed :smile: We'll see if it comes back.

Regarding your rushing point: that's my impression, too. I don't know why - but they somehow rushed in the whole rebranding process like some ppl rush into new relationships after a bad breakup.

@All: thanks for all your input!

Reactions: eunaddict
Hi there-

The bag arrived and...

What’s your opinion on this?

View attachment 5039758View attachment 5039759View attachment 5039760View attachment 5039761View attachment 5039762
**EDIT due to double pics
Thank you for posting this. The Mini Belt Bag in Light Taupe has also been on my wish list for a long time. When I am ready to purchase, I will be sure to do so at a Celine store where I can inspect the bag carefully.

Reactions: Sterntalerli