So disappointed....Botkier Sasha Duffle was not meant to be

JudieH

Mar 14, 2007
I've been searching for the elusive perfect black bag. I ordered a black Botkier Sasha Duffle from a boutique in my area 2 weeks ago. At the time, they only had the pewter one in stock, which was really pretty but not for me. Anyway, everytime I called the store to find out when they were expecting the bag, I was told it was on its way. Today I showed up, they called their Botkier people and the bag was still not shipped. I got a refund.

I went to Nordstorms and they had them in stock. For whatever reason, the bag didn't do it for me. The SA told me she loved that bag. Everyone tells me they love the bag but.... I don't know. Maybe I had a bitter taste in my mouth after what had happened, but I just did not want to buy it.

I checked out other bags, but nothing :sad:

I am waiting to receive other bags, a Jenny Yuen bag in sapphire and a black Marc by Marc Jacobs bowler I purchased on ebay but..... I just feel sad :crybaby:

Aw, I'm sorry JudieH - I know the feeling.... You find a bag you think you LOVE, go through all sorts of hoops to find it, and then it is just not quite right in person. Such a disappointment!

When your new Jenny Yuen and Marc Jacobs arrive hopefully they will lift your purse blues. :girlsigh:

Thanks guys! The good news is that the store I was dealing with does not accept returns, only store credit, so it worked out for the best.

Since I have a few bags coming, I'm going to wait and see. I may already have found my new love and don't know it!! :yes: Wait, was that even correct English?? :P

Thanks guys! The good news is that the store I was dealing with does not accept returns, only store credit, so it worked out for the best.

Since I have a few bags coming, I'm going to wait and see. I may already have found my new love and don't know it!! :yes: Wait, was that even correct English?? :P

:confused1: Huh?? :confused1:

JudieH, what did you find?
Please share!

cooper1, oh, I bought a Jenny Yuen Gatesby in Sapphire. Grechen posted about this bag recently. I had been looking at the bag for a while. I also purchased a discontiued Marc by Marc Jacobs Bowler bag in black on ebay. Finally, I purchased a Tano bag for those nights that I go out with the girls. Sheesh, I need to be on a ban! :rolleyes:

cooper1, oh, I bought a Jenny Yuen Gatesby in Sapphire. Grechen posted about this bag recently. I had been looking at the bag for a while. I also purchased a discontiued Marc by Marc Jacobs Bowler bag in black on ebay. Finally, I purchased a Tano bag for those nights that I go out with the girls. Sheesh, I need to be on a ban! :rolleyes:

I really like the Jenny Yuen Gatsby. Where did you find one and what did you pay (if I may ask?) Does it fit well over your shoulder and do both straps stay put? It is so pretty, but I did a search and can't find one or the cost.

cooper1, I think the only online store that is selling them is www.delcina.com. That is where I purchased mine. I was emailing their cs (amazing by the way!). I believe they are getting a new shipment of the sapphire bags this Friday. I am going out of town on Tuesday and was afraid I would not get the bag in time. Delcina had JY ship me the bag directly.

It should arrive tomorrow or the day after. Grechen has a 20% code on delcina but I don't think they are accepting codes on this brand, since it's new. It retails for $745. However, I do believe they will be accepting codes in the future.

If you do a search here, there have been a few raves about this bag. Grechen said she could wear it comfortably over her shoulder. I decided to order the sapphire since I was getting the black Sasha Duffle. I would probably have gotten the black, but it may be nice to have a bag in a nice color!

Thank you so much for all your info and help (on the other threads)
I hope you love your new bag. Please PM me when you get it and let me know what you think!
I hope you are going somewhere fun and have fun time out of time!
:smile:

No problem cooper1! This Sat night I am going out with a group of moms from my older daughters school. Next week we are visiting my inlaws for Thanksgiving. At least my kids will have fun with their grandparents. Me spending time with my mother-in-law... well....:yucky:

JudieH I was really hoping you'd love this bag (b/c I love mine!) but I'm sorry it wasn't meant to be. It sounds like everything worked out OK (how bummed would you have been to have a bag you didn't like but couldn't return?) and that you're already well on your way to something you DO love :tup:

Sucks that the sasha duffle just didn't do it for you! I had the opposite reaction: when I saw the small brown duffle in real life, I added it to my "want" list. Haven't seen the black one, though. Anyways, good luck finding a new bag, and thanks for introducing me to Jenny Yuen bags -- I love the vibrant colors and sumptuous-looking leather!

I have both the Gatsby and Sasha duffle and love them both for different reasons. The Botkier I bought on a whim and fell in love with it later. The Gatsby I bought sight unseen, but I was definitely prepared to fall in love. I think you will love the bag. Keep us posted.

Cyn

Hi JudieH: Sorry for your disappointment! I'm waiting for the moni moni splendor to arrive on Fri. and I hope it doesn't disappoint! Good luck with the stash that's coming in and I hope you find "true love"!