So confused. Local SA tells me they have Apple Green Day in stock

babyfishmouth

Apr 7, 2008
With giant silver hardware. One left. I told her on the phone that I was under the impression that was a 2005 color. She had no idea what I was talking about and says that's what the tag says. She's put it on hold for me. Does this make sense to anyone? I'm gonna go look at it one night this week but I think she's gotta be wrong on that color, right?

^^ yes, your SA must be referring to the "Granny Apple" color of 2009. giant hardware didn't come out until 2007, and the bright "Apple Green" color was only produced in 2005.

Hmm suspicious! The first time I called, I spoke with a male SA who told me it was "lime green." I called back to verify the name and that's when this female SA told me it was "apple green." The plot thickens. But if the giant hardware didn't come out until 2007, it *has* to be the granny but then why would the first SA say it was lime colored? Bizarre.

Hmm suspicious! The first time I called, I spoke with a male SA who told me it was "lime green." I called back to verify the name and that's when this female SA told me it was "apple green." The plot thickens. But if the giant hardware didn't come out until 2007, it *has* to be the granny but then why would the first SA say it was lime colored? Bizarre.

because SAs often don't know what they're talking about. i once had an SA tell me she had an aquamarine bag that she described as turquoise but it turned out to be anthracite -- how she confused the two was an unsolvable mystery.

LOL I think you are right. I am a little disappointed if that's what it turns out to be - was kinda hoping I'd found a random apple green!

because SAs often don't know what they're talking about. i once had an SA tell me she had an aquamarine bag that she described as turquoise but it turned out to be anthracite -- how she confused the two was an unsolvable mystery.

I was just watching house hunters and someone called a light green colored wall, "lime green". So I think color descriptions are subjective.... but I'm crossing my fingers its apple green.. because that would be such an awesome find!

I was just watching house hunters and someone called a light green colored wall, "lime green". So I think color descriptions are subjective.... but I'm crossing my fingers its apple green.. because that would be such an awesome find!

^^ do you mean apple as in 05 apple? or do you mean apple as in pommier?

Giant Hardware didn't come out until 07, so there is no such bag as an apple green GGH, sorry.

if the SA says the tag is 09, then it must be GRANNY not apple. i could see how she could be confused by "granny apple" LOL!!!

Last edited: