So confused at PCE Chocolate Medium Carly coming, Opinions please???

I would love to have the Chocolate/Chocolate carly... and I disagree with your SA. I LOVE a pink and brown combination. If you look at some of their wallets, you'll see that the brown colors (especially in Legacy) have pastel blue or pink interiors. In fact, I personally think you could wear chocolate brown with almost anything. Personally, I don't trust myself with a leather bag that's of a lighter color than Camel, just because of the dirt factor, and I have a 9 month old baby so I need to be ready to drop all my stuff at a moment's notice if she needs something.

HOWEVER. With all of that said, if you will like a white leather bag better, and it will bug you all your days, THEN I would recommend switching.

But that's my two cents. :smile:
I love your honest 2 cents!!! I certainly cannot get both, that is for sure, but it was very elegant. If I ever got a white bag, it would be the demi in white, for me..that is pretty also and I could wear it at night..I would not get a third similar style in a carly. White leather unless it is cleanable is a nightmare...I agree. Just classy...Thanks!!! Such a cute baby... I miss those years. Now I have the priviledge of having adorable little grandbabies that I simply do not see enough..Families are so spread apart these days..One lives in England ...born in Scotland. His name is Liam...Have a great day!!!

Lynn:

I called 1-800 Coach and they advised me that the Carly is coming in more leather colors for the fall. Unfortunatley they are not in the JAX warehouse yet and they aren't sure of the colors. For this reason I am holding off on getting a Carly until the fall. Congrats on your new purchase! I hope it works out for you.

kind regards,
Liz

Do you have back problems ? I would have to know what you have in your collection in order to decide. I saw someone wearing the large parchment carly with brown trim the other night at a baseball game, it was so nice ! I think brown goes with pink but if you wear other pastels like peach, or yellow then maybe white. But if you already have a white bag then the brown looks nice with pink, blue and even mint and of course white and you can wear any type of shoe and it will look good. Sorry about the loss of your parent, I know what it is like and it is difficult. Whatever makes dealing with life easier, especially distractions are really helpfull. Good luck.

I saw the chocolate Carly in person and it is beautiful. I think that you will be very happy. I'm also very sorry to hear about your mother.
Thank you Disney, you are very kind. I never realized it would be so very painful...I think the bag will be lovely as the gold is, a stand out bag. If I could wear the mediium leather I would get the black or camel, but it is heavier for me..I have the blue denim tote, the smaller one, did you return your satchel? I think I remember reading that. What did you get instead?:heart:

Do you have back problems ? I would have to know what you have in your collection in order to decide. I saw someone wearing the large parchment carly with brown trim the other night at a baseball game, it was so nice ! I think brown goes with pink but if you wear other pastels like peach, or yellow then maybe white. But if you already have a white bag then the brown looks nice with pink, blue and even mint and of course white and you can wear any type of shoe and it will look good. Sorry about the loss of your parent, I know what it is like and it is difficult. Whatever makes dealing with life easier, especially distractions are really helpfull. Good luck.
I have a cheaper white pebble bag with a rope handle from Jcrew that i got on sale., i really love that. But no good white leather bag. They scare me. I usually do not wear yellow or bright green, but white, black, browns, pastel pinks, blues, denim, lavender..not oragne or peach. turquise. It is very casual here. I see lots of black bags. I lucked out getting the demi Carly leather in an outlet on the way back from St. Augustine..and I was thinking of the medium leather carly just because of the PCE, but it may be too heavy and it is back ordered. A great winter bag. Black is big here...in fact huge...and of course brown is always in...and wearable. You see a lot of Gucci here and LV for it is a tourist wealthy area and coach is right in there too mostly in siggie..Thank you for your kind thoughts about my mom. I can deal with the happy thing to replace the loss, as long as it does not get out of hand with spending or addictive , you know? Have to be careful with those things..But, maybe we all do it..to a certain extent when we need happy? :rolleyes:

Lynn:

I called 1-800 Coach and they advised me that the Carly is coming in more leather colors for the fall. Unfortunatley they are not in the JAX warehouse yet and they aren't sure of the colors. For this reason I am holding off on getting a Carly until the fall. Congrats on your new purchase! I hope it works out for you.

kind regards,
Liz
yes, they do not know as yet what colors will be in for fall. That would be a lovely bag in chocolate leather rather than the camel or black. I am just going to pick up a medium leather Carly on my arm and stuff it in the store to see if it is too heavy for me..it might be. I do have the smaller one...in black..demi. If it is indeed much too heavy, the chocolate for fall is out for me..not even going to lust after it..made up my mind...Let me know if you are going to keep your satchel...

Just to let you guys know, there is a French wallet brown signature wallet with 6 slots to go with this lovely chocolate Carly bag...at Jax to order if you want it during the PCE and your store will allow it...Now that I see the pictures posted, it does indeed look very gorgeous. Cannot wait for that nice Fed EX man...!!!!!.

yes, they do not know as yet what colors will be in for fall. That would be a lovely bag in chocolate leather rather than the camel or black. I am just going to pick up a medium leather Carly on my arm and stuff it in the store to see if it is too heavy for me..it might be. I do have the smaller one...in black..demi. If it is indeed much too heavy, the chocolate for fall is out for me..not even going to lust after it..made up my mind...Let me know if you are going to keep your satchel...

Lynn:

I am not sure about the satchel yet. The C's are really note my taste. I don't much care for a hand carried bag. I like bags that go over my shoulder. I do so like the shape of it though. If only they made it in a vintage vachetta leather, that would be right up my alley.

Liz

Lynn:

I am not sure about the satchel yet. The C's are really note my taste. I don't much care for a hand carried bag. I like bags that go over my shoulder. I do so like the shape of it though. If only they made it in a vintage vachetta leather, that would be right up my alley.

Liz
I picked up the satchel yesterday in my hand that you like and I have the denim tote myself. I just have not had the chance to change bags yet, for there is stuff going on here with my mother's birthday and my parents anniversary coming up Dad is not doing well about it all. So I have had no time to myself. I did pick up the medium Carly black leather which they did have in this small store and it is very heavy for ME...even the guy who is the manager and knows me well said, Lynn, leather small for you, signature you may be able to wear totes or Carly's. There is a matching wallet to the chocolate Carly but he did not think since I had a gold Carly I needed a chocolate one ( Well it is on the way}. I have not seen it in person yet, but the pics on here seem so pretty and now there is a wallet to match. Is their no end to wants? I certainly do not need a denim tote and wallet to match and a Carly chocolate and wallet to match. I just do not change my wallets that much. Interesting man in this boutique. He said women use such very expensive designer bags and dress very casual and they seem to want bags and go back to that really nice dress look with the nice clothes, that are so classy and not jeans and flip flops like you see here all the time in FL. But I think his article was from the North..not here..It is so hot here now, I cannot stand it and the beginning of Hurricane Season too. Let me see if I can put that into a picture in your mind..like an Audrey Hepburn look or a Jackie O look with the lovely suits and bags..Here in FL everything is so Abercrombie and tanks and totes, because of the heat and that is indeed a tourist area, and young also besides the retirees. Well that is my report for the day. Will let you know about the Carly. Love the Vachetta on your tote, but it is really too heavy for me and large. I love the way you pull those bags off and love them so much!!!. I need a new MRI anyway, I cannot even pick up a pot to cook, even unload the dishwasher.. without pain. Good thing DH is so very helpful...Have a good day!!!! Enjoy the VIntage tote
So glad you love it..!!!!! :heart:

I tried on both the other day and the leather didn't seem too heavy. I think you may want to switch for the white leather.. it's tdf.
I absolutely love that white and brown leather bag. I am told that you cannot clean it except with water. So it cannot be an everyday bag and I bet there is color transfer with dark clothes as well. I always figured white, you can get a cheaper bag in summer. Here we wear winter white all year long Florida...Yes, it is absolutely wonderful looking abd they do not make it in a demi. Do you have the leather Carly Finzup? I picked it up and it is quite a bit heavier than signature and gold or my small leather demi black and white...Thanks!!!!:yes: