so clementines are in season and i put one on my face

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Do you think this is a crazy idea? I read somewhere that the juice of a clementine + an egg white is supposed to be great for your face, so I just mixed up a batch and smeared it all over my face, I'll keep everyone updated on my skin post clementine-egg mask :smile:

2. Well, here are the results of my experiment: On my skin (dry to very dry) Skin feels smooth after taking off mask, but a little dry and itchy (think I need to slop on some lotion)
    I put it on my SO and he has oily to very oily skin, it was a bigger success with his skin. Tightened it up, smooth texture.
    Would recommend for oily skin or dry to oily

3. i think the clementines are acidic, and therefore a good idea for oily, as you mention. would be a little leary of the raw egg, in case of salmonella. but glad it worked somewhat well for you.

4. Yeah I would def think the clementines would dry out my skin too much, even though I think I would probably love the smell of having it on my face!

5. I don't think you can get salmonella from putting egg white on your skin. I'm pretty sure you'd have to eat it to get sick from it...

6. I love clementines and have been eating them like crazy since they came into season. Good to hear of another use for them!

7. i bet you smelled darn good though!!! :smile:

8. I don't think I could "waste" one like that!!! I've been eating 3-4 a day! I'm obsessed!

9. i read recently that salmonella only starts to grow after the egg is out in the open for 20mins. either way, i dont think id wanna put it on my face :nogood:

10. Eggs & Egg whites have been used on the face for a loooong time now. Im sure its safe!

My face is really dry, so I guess this wouldnt work too well for me. But, it sounds like a fabulous idea!

11. ^^i just dont think i could get over the ickyness slimy factor :smile:

12. ^^ LOL gotcha!