so black still available?

nath1

Dec 1, 2009
Hi Everyone,
This is my first thread on this forum :biggrin:
I need your help, I have tried to order a box birkin from the Hermes store in Brussels and they said that the box leather isnt available in black anymore?! Is this the same for all the store in the
World?
Also do Hermes still make the so black edition?
Thank you so so much for u help

Hi! I think there's generally a scarcity of premium leathers like box. There's a thread in the forum with lots of comments on it. You may want to check it out.

Hermes Leather

Box very scarce but......I have to tell you that by the time the pending orders are filled and by the time they all come in you will be paying the reseller price I would go reseller get the bag of my dreams and enjoy if it's not a must for you then just put your name down and maybe luck will be on your side !!!!! Best and hope it helps .birkel.

I had to order my Kelly Box, normally you can order exactly the bag you want with the leather you want, in a H store, it took some time to arrive but then it was exactly what I wanted

Thanks for you help ladies
But why the store told me that black box leather is not available anymore in everystore ?
What about so black ? They dont make it anymore?

The SO black bags are generally all spoken for when placed at podium. You can still order box but that is a special order and falls within that allocation. Reseller route is your best bet if your sa /sm will not place the special order for you. Most who ordered the so ms have taken them. Very few are turned down.

I would GUESS (and that's all I'm doing--others may chime in, please) that much of the black box made recently was diverted to So Black items and that this material is therefore in short supply. Hermes will certainly not stop making black box bags, but for a time they may be difficult to obtain. JMO.

What I find bizarre in all this talk about black box not being available is that thanks to Cosmopolitan who brought this to our attention, le Monde d'Hermes is featuring the black box Plume in its Spring/Summer 2011 edition.

Why would they feature a bag made from black box if it is not available? I cant answer that! Who knows?

Here is the link to the page with the le Monde 'dHermes scan. Just scroll down.

http://forum.purseblog.com/hermes/the-plume-682328.html#post18933809