So Black Reissue in Chevron or Quilts?! (Pics inside!)

I love the quilts just got on in the 226 size and am thinking of getting in the 225 size. I tried chevron in 226 and the quilts but didn't like the Chevron. (I do own a M/L flap in chevron so not partial to one or the other) I just liked the quilted look better on this one!

I love love the so black chevron. I may be a little biased, because my past bag purchases have been mainly chevron. The last quilted bag I bought was April and the rest have been chevron (with the exception of the sequin mini).

Chevron for this style. It’s still personal taste though. For me, I have this so black reissue in 226. I love it but realize the front flap creates light crease (as you can also see in the picture you attached). This should be something you should be aware of and must be prepared for this if happen. I saw this happened to almost all chevron so black reissues (with this aged calfskin) out there and here in the forum except ones that are still new in boutique. I tried to replace it with the regular distressed calf reissue but love this so black so much. And when I saw the so black quilt came out recently, I went to the store to see but no love for it. I still love my so black chevron over it despite the crease mine has.

Finally made my choice and just got the bag today...

...I decided on quilts!

IMG_4834.jpg

IMG_4832.jpg

So many people voted for chevron, but to be honest, I realized that I just don't really love chevron. I'm a quilts kinda girl!

The bag is super soft and the leather feels thick and luxurious. It's a 26-series, if that's helpful for anyone. :smile:

I didn't know how it would turn out because it looked a little grey in some photos before purchasing (especially the hardware), but in person it is totally black like the second photo. I am SMITTEN!!!

It's also my first 225 bag (I have a 226, but I barely carry anything, so it's less practical for me). I'm really excited to wear this for the holidays since I'll be able to feel more under the radar around family and hometown friends, while still feeling luxurious on the inside, if ya know what I mean. :smile:

Thank you for all your input! I'm so happy about this new bag! :smile::heart:

I've been wanting a So Black bag for awhile, and I think I'm ready to pull the trigger on a reissue in the 225 size. But...I can't decide between one in chevron or with quilts. Does anyone have either of these bags who can speak to their wearability?

I think the chevron is beautiful, but I wonder if it looks too trendy and I'll get over it soon. But I do feel like the chevron really suits this bag and hardware combo, so I'm torn.

For reference, I also have a quilted 226 reissue in a dark olive green color, a quilted boy bag, and a quilted CF (and looking to buy another CF with different leather and hardware)...so I have a decent amount of quilted stuff. I also have a burgundy chevron reissue in the 226 size, which I loved initially but eventually it just felt too big to me so I stopped wearing it (and now plan to sell it) -- but I still like the chevron on it.

If you have one of these bags and wouldn't mind posting a mod shot, I wouldn't be mad about that either. ;)

And here are a couple pics of the two bags I'm interested in (note: these aren't my pics and I'm not planning to buy either of these specific bags -- these pics are just for reference). Thank you!! :smile:

Quilted:
View attachment 4585985

Chevron:
View attachment 4585986
I would definitely choose the quilted.
And seems that is what you prefer.

OMG, is the so black chevron from a recent collection? I saw chevron with aged gold HW around the time of 19B but didnt see the so black! It's on my wishlist!
I've been wanting a So Black bag for awhile, and I think I'm ready to pull the trigger on a reissue in the 225 size. But...I can't decide between one in chevron or with quilts. Does anyone have either of these bags who can speak to their wearability?

I think the chevron is beautiful, but I wonder if it looks too trendy and I'll get over it soon. But I do feel like the chevron really suits this bag and hardware combo, so I'm torn.

For reference, I also have a quilted 226 reissue in a dark olive green color, a quilted boy bag, and a quilted CF (and looking to buy another CF with different leather and hardware)...so I have a decent amount of quilted stuff. I also have a burgundy chevron reissue in the 226 size, which I loved initially but eventually it just felt too big to me so I stopped wearing it (and now plan to sell it) -- but I still like the chevron on it.

If you have one of these bags and wouldn't mind posting a mod shot, I wouldn't be mad about that either. ;)

And here are a couple pics of the two bags I'm interested in (note: these aren't my pics and I'm not planning to buy either of these specific bags -- these pics are just for reference). Thank you!! :smile:

Quilted:
View attachment 4585985

Chevron:
View attachment 4585986

I have black and beige 2.55 reissue in 226 size in chevron.

Another vote for chevron! I have it in the 226 size. My other two reissues are quilted. I think chevron is very classic too, and a nice change of pace.View attachment 4586455

Quilted:
View attachment 4585985

Chevron:
View attachment 4585986
Agreed Love the chevron!

I am letting go of a couple of my so black unicorns!! A 15s chevron lambskin classic flap jumbo with tag and protective stickers still attached. Kept unused with authenticity card and original felt, stuffing and box. I am also letting go the caviar so black boy in medium (old/classic medium boy size). Both bags are brand new with tags and protective stickers still attached. Although these are stunning pieces, I am ready to venture into more color and finally ready to downsize the amount of black bags I have feel free to pm!!